Help! Old man emu 2inch lift sagged.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reegz248

Reaction score
My d22 has a 2inch old man emu lift and it is sagged in the front and back, the leaves are flat and the shackles are on a big angle so i already know they'll need replacing. The ride is really rough and feel just about every bump on the road. I have wound the torsion bars up so they still have 10mm between the top bump stops. Was wanting a 3 inch lift but don't know if i should just buy a complete kit or can use anything from the suspension at the moment just to save costs to make my car higher with a smoother ride. Any advise would be great!

05 3.0l d22
Steel tray with canvas canopy, Tjm winch bullbar, Lightforce spotlights, 265/75/16 Maxxis bighorns, 16 inch ROH terrain rims, 2 inch old man emu lift kit, Rocksliders, Beaudesert 2 2/4 straight through exhaust with hi flow cat, Safari dtronic chip, Over head console, Long range fuel tank, 1000 watt sub and amp behind the back seat

Last edited:
your never going to get a really good ride, its torsion bars and leaf springs remember.

to get 3 inches you will need calmini upper control arms as the nissan ones will be pushed into the bump stops which will make the ride worse and be illegal/dangerous.

In saying this you could do it right this time and get bilstein shocks with EFS springs (or koni/rancho shocks which have adjustable dampening levels). Its a shame you went old man emu, they used to make a good product but its not worth the $$ they charge now, chalk it up to a learning experience. You can probably put it all on ebay and make some money back.

The best thing to do IMO would be a 2inch suspension lift with the parts mentioned above and a 2inch bodylift to give it the higher stance and you can fit 285's under it if you wish without much trimming of the guards.

^ Ditto. I don't think there's much point messing about with any other option than that stated above!

if you want to upgrade to 3" as I am also thinking go check SNAKE RACING TOURING KIT
it's just under $3K for the whole kit - which comes with upgraded UCA/FLEX Torsion/150-300kg rated springs - and more check them mate

Thanks heaps! My nav had the suspension in it when I bought it. I rang arb today and they were real smart asses and said yeah that normally happens after 18 months and they were supposed to be 200kg constant leaves. If they know their products are shit then why wouldn't they improve it. I think I will just go with a 2 inch lift with EFS leaves and adjustable shocks, might just replace the compete back and just get new shocks for the front. Getting a 2 inch body lift from zordo. Just need to find someone local with a K3 mod plate license so I can get it approved.

talk to john about springs because they have different rates and you can get a better spring for what you need that way, I should have also said Lovells and Dobinson make some very good springs to and John sells them as well as EFS from memory.

I always say this but I must be the luckiest sob alive, since I seem to be the only one whos OME kit didn't sag. The rear on my nav, has dropped no more than 5mm compared to nearly 14 months ago measurements taken 2 hours after driving out of ARB. Front, I'm not sure about since it's been raised and messed with since then. I've always had around 100kg in the back wherever I went. In fact i'm getting one leaf pulled out next week to soften the ride up a bit before car sale.
Friend has bilstein shocks with EFS torsion and leafs, and it got him 2" with calmini UCA and the ride is great compared to mine. As 180degrees mentioned, try a combo of one of those brands.

I wouldn't recommend old man emu leaf springs to anybody... My nav had the heady duty kit (roughly 2" lift) user it when I got it.,, rear springs looked sad then... But I drove it for another 3 years. After a trip to the NT Easter last year I had to replace all the shocks and did the rear springs at the same time.,, I'm not sure how they can be classed as a heavy duty spring with a measly 200 kg constant load rating.. The were bent the opposite way from when I put the ute back on the ground... Only thing the shop could do was offer the add in leaf or air bags. My tray without the canopy frame would weigh in at more than 200kgs.. Utter bull shit I reckon from a company with a great reputation.. Rant over.. Cherrs

Latest posts

Back