Help Wiring LED light bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevos11

Reaction score
Just purchased a 20in 120W LED Light Bar. I know it is simple wiring + & - only but should it run through a fuse box and only off the main battery due to the current draw of 120 watts ? Any info would be great. No instructions supplied.:sad:

It should get its power from the battery, run through a fuse and a relay. The relay should only activate when the high beams are turned on in the vehicle. You should also have another switch so you can turn them on and off as well (don't want it on all the time with high beams)

Ultimately the legal side is that it must ONLY be able to be turned on when the high beams are on.

Yep, and the fuse needs to go on the positive wire as close to the battery terminal as possible.

Doesn't hurt to have one on the other end either.

+1 to what the others have said..

Just to make it a little more clear for you:

images

this diagram has 2 driving lights in it, but you get the picture.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, you have been heaps of help. I didn't know they had to have a relay as well. Saved a bit of mucking around. Cheers

+1 to that.

not how I normally do it because I like everything just so..

However, especially if you are not an old hand at it, great idea. I actually bought one from supercrap a while ago because they had no relays on the shelves.. cost me $20, relay, switch, everything.. good value really.

Thanks Great, I picked up a wiring harness today on special at supercheap for $20. Top idea and way to go. Cheers

Latest posts

Back