Help with boost

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joffo81

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have recently noticed that in the morning when I drive to work I can only seem to get a maximum of about 11 PSI of boost (on boost gauge). BUT, on my way home in the afternoon the gauge reads closer to 14 or 15 PSI.

Has anyone else noticed a difference now that the weather is colder? Can anyone explain the differences in boost readings? Is it normal or should I start a fault finding mission!?

Joffo

:hmm:

Yes I drive about half an hour on the highway to work. Engine temps reach about 72 degrees compared to about 78 in the afternoon. The boost does seem to increase slowly with engine temp. But even when I arrive at work it seems to max at about 11-12PSI.

Last edited:
what rpm are you reading that boost at?
whats the power like? still the same?

what engine oil are you using?

Boost stops increasing somewhere between 2500 and 3000RPM from memory. The power is really difficult to gauge. Not sure if its different or not. I use BP Vanellus Multi-Fleet (15W 40 i think).

if power isn't changing all that much i would be checking for a boost or exhaust leak. the egr pipe is known to crack.

Thanks Tweak'e I'll check the EGR pipe when I have a chance and when it stops raining! What max boost are you running? Does your boost remain the same on a cold mmorning compared to a warm afternoon?

Anyone else out there with a similar experience to me??

I just replaced a gasket between the egr valve and the egr guide tube - welcome back turbo/boost! Definitely worth poking around for a leak - as a tip, look for any signs of soot where it shouldn't be!

Im having a similar problem.. max boost is about 13psi. Wheres the gasket between the egr valve and the egr tube guide??

Is that the same part as where the blocking plate is?

Im having a similar problem.. max boost is about 13psi. Wheres the gasket between the egr valve and the egr tube guide??

Is that the same part as where the blocking plate is?

Yep - follow that tube down from the inlet manifold.

Have the same problem my boost doesn't seem to go past 11psi at the moment it had been going to 15psi just lately only 11psi, have checked for leaks can't find any. Any other Idea's.

Do you get max boost when the car is loaded or pulling or should you see max boost with the car with nothing in it.
As I found hole in the line going to my guage and fixed but nothing really has changed in boost.

I try not to pull too much boost in the morning till the engine is warmed up a little but I only have a 5 min drive to work so that makes it a bit hard, but mine has no trouble pulling all the way to 15psi cold, hot, empty or loaded to the max.

Latest posts

Back