Hey!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moses19

Reaction score
Just joined up because I just bought my first 4x4. No real big plans for it except to keep it running and hit Stocton Beach and few family camping the local mountains range / forest.

2004 White STR

it's got 251000 k's on it but runs great

Also have a 2005 Forester, which is my wifes daily car. Got the Navara because I didn't really want to challenge the Subaru going off road.

Attachments

• IMG_6168.jpg
    IMG_6168.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 25,875
Last edited:
gday moses19,
3lt d22 is a good ute just keep up the oil changes and she will keep going for a long time yet. there are a few easy mods you can do to help it along the way to. like block the egr, snorkel,catch can ect. there is heaps of tips on here. happy reading

Welcome mate,

Long live the 3L its a great motor with heaps of potential. Keep the oil changes regular and keep an eye and ear on everything and it will last you a long time yet. Any info you need you should find on this site. Use the search function first before starting a new thread.

Goodluck
Rusty

Mate with that many km's. Check out the turbo for shaft play.

Got a turbo timer ?

That reminds me, would a 2004 have an intercooler? There's no duct on the bonnet, so it'd have to be a front mount. I can't tell from the manual, so I'm guessing that it doesn't.

So, IF yours doesn't have an intercooler, GET ONE! If your turbocharger lets go, the bits will be caught by the intercooler saving your engine from certain death. It will also improve performance by a little bit as long as you fit a catch can to stop all the engine oil from filling the intercooler up.

Moses19 said:
No intercooler. Altough I will look into it. Not sure wether to go with the catsh can or do the EGR block mod.

Do both, and while you're at it, fit an 80 series airbox, massive difference with all 3 mods compared to stock.

No intercooler. Altough I will look into it. Not sure wether to go with the catsh can or do the EGR block mod.

do both mate.

the egr is cheap and very easy, will take you all of 30min tops and cost you $10 including a tube of sensor safe gasket sealer, and a small stainless sign from bunnings.

then grab a catch can off ebay for $165 delivered

No turbo timer or anything yet. Just picked it up 2 days ago. Bought it from a company with their own diesel / plant mechanics. Doesn't blow any smoke at all. The only downfall is the interior has never been looked after, but that's not gonna stop my fun. For a 2004 STR with no dings and a good motor I'm not complaining for $10,500.

Had my first ever beach drive tonight. I sense alot more beach driving in summer over going to the local pool. Anyone know of any good swimming spots in the Watagans area?

Been to long since I have been out there.

But Lostock and the Upper Allen go alright.

Don't go to The Basin in the Watagans, last time we went there the water was like molasses, it was putrid.

The Telegherry River that passes through the Chichester State Forest north of Dungog isn't bad, there's a waterfall about 10mins walk up from the ford. There's also Jerusalem Creek Falls but that's in National Park territory so make sure you don't fart in the water.

Thanks guys, I didn't think there was much this close to Newey. Camped up at Ladies Well a few times b4 and at Gloucster Tops Caravan Park. I was kinda hoping there was one that was a quick trip I could take the kids to for a few hours that was local . A four year old and one year old don't seem to like the long trips.

Latest posts

Back