Hi from new member

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blocko

Reaction score
Hi,
I just wanted to say g'day and hope to find some good info here on D22, ZD30. New to the 4wd scene and just stating to learn.
regards
Blocko

Hi,
I just wanted to say g'day and hope to find some good info here on D22, ZD30. New to the 4wd scene and just stating to learn.
regards
Blocko

G'day mate, Welcome. The ZD30 (D22) was the better of all the latest direct injection Nissan/Peugeot motors. The ZD30 will (or should) last 350,000/500,000 km and possibly more. Good start is to regularly change engine oil.

Think he means Renault? Though I'm not sure they had much to do with the design of the zd30. According to the article they brought a large stake in Nissan around 1999.

Yeah I figured he's referring to Renault....
.... but wasn't 100% and wondered if there might be a Pewwgot stake in Nissan I hadn't heard of...

Yeah I figured he's referring to Renault....
.... but wasn't 100% and wondered if there might be a Pewwgot stake in Nissan I hadn't heard of...
Yeah, there does seem to be a merry go round with carmakers, difficult to know who owns who these days. The name on the badge sometimes has not much to do with who the manufacturer is.

Wikipedia has a nice overview of the ZD30 variants. Apart from its use in the Navara and the intercooled bomb in the Patrol is was mostly used for vans, both by Renault and Nissan.
Which brings me back to another discussion: It's an engine for slowly and reliably moving a lot of weight. Its not for racing or "performance"

Yes. They are good motors if they are used for there intended purpose. And driven as a diesel should be-in its torque range. 2000-26/2800 rpm. Fuel economy over 10l/100km.

Yes. They are good motors if they are used for there intended purpose. And driven as a diesel should be-in its torque range. 2000-26/2800 rpm. Fuel economy over 10l/100km.
I get around 9.3l/100 in mine, but I don't see very much city stop start driving. And bang in that torque range, though mine starts a little lower since my remap.
Just about to do my 370,000km service

Latest posts

Back