Hi from Sydney

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim1987

Reaction score
hey guys,
just wanted to introduce myself. my name is tim im from sydney and i have just put down a deposit on a new navara!
just gotta sell my commodore and i will be into a brand new black ST 4X4.
forgive me if any of my posts are stupid im new to the 4X4 world all my cars prior to this have been little sports cars and such. but i cant wait to be rolling around in my new navara!

i'll post some pictures when i take delivery.

in the mean time if anyone knows someone who wants a 2008 VE Commodore send em my way ;)

thanks,

thanks guys. just wanted to add that i was searching through the how to's and modification sections last night and this forum is excellent. theres alot of people with alot of great ideas on here. now just to get my nav and start playing!

thanks again.

Welcome mate. I just picked up my new black Nissan ST 4x4 in auto two weeks ago and I'm in Syd as well.
I had to get rid of an 2003 xr6turbo as well which was in mint condition with all the options. I couldn't be bothered advertising for months so traded it in. Got bugger all for it but once I got the Navara I haven't really thought twice about the few thousand lost on the trade in.
Which dealer did you go to and did you get a good deal?
I got mine with hard lid (they put on the stx 550 one which has a light and central locking) mats and bonnet protector for 42,500k and a 8k trade in. Deal seemed ok except for the crap trade in although I found out after signing that the nudge bar and tow bar your supposed to get thrown in as a deal at the moment wasn't included and they took that cost out to make the deal apparently. Not sure if that's true or not, not really free if that's the case. Called the dealer manager and he said they can either give you the bars or take it off the price.

hey mate,
i went to mcgrath nissan in sutherland i got my Navara for $41500 on the road fully optioned and with paint and interior protection (gimmick i know!) and a reverse camera. i opted for a soft cover because the hard cover limits my storage with work etc. and i got the black stx sports bar fitted as well. the deal with the nudge bar and tow bar was for abn buyers only i was told. where abouts in sydney are you?

Sounds like a good deal, the Black sports bars are nice.
I could use the reverse camera. Things a bitch to park at the shops. I didn't even see those there in the options.

Did you go auto or manual?

I got quoted around 2k for the paint protection so had to give it a miss. Already got a few nice scratches down the side from a trip the other day to braidwood so could have used it :)

Im in western syd, got mine from Lander Nissan at Blacktown.

yeah the deal was pretty sweet. i got the manual ive had an auto for nearly 4 years now and it was boring as hell! sad to hear about the scratches but i spose thats what we buy them for

I wanted manual but was a little concerned with all the stories I read about the clutches requiring replacement. Should be right as long as your not towing though from what I've read. Or you can always replace the dual mass flywheel with an aftermarket solid one if it should ever fail.
Was hesitant about getting the auto as the test drive seemed a bit sluggish on take off but suprisingly it's got quite a bit of get up and go and quite happy with it. I find the drive alot more relaxing than the xr6t for some reason as you don't have it revving it's tits off urging you to overtake everything you see on the road :)

Hi from Shepparton

Hi all
I purchased a S/H 2008 D40 STX dual cab , 2.5 lt auto ,in feb this year , been really happy with it , had ARB canopy with roof racks , snorkel, steel bar , so had TJM winch added in finance before purchase , also has after market 17" rims wrapped in coopers . Have heard mixed reports about the coopers but at this stage they seem ok . Moved up to the navara after having a commodore wagon . We race SLEDDOGS and spend most weekends in the winter in the bush and about ten days between Falls Creek and Mt Hotham (Dinner Plain) early in August . Thus the main reason for upgrading and with 3 kids and 6 dogs the room and power of the navara are great . Not totally happy with the fuel economy , around 400-450 when loaded with gear and towing our 4 berth dog trailer .struggling to get 600 on highway runs sticking to speed limits . Any thoughts ?

Cant really comment as I havent towed with mine or had it long enough to get averages but I got around the 700k mark on a run down the humehighway and still said I had 100k until empty when I was back in syd. So far unloaded around town in peak hour looks to be around the 600k to a tank unloaded.
I'd try post that question in the main area to get some more replies.

Latest posts

Back