Hi guys! Just bought a D22 and need your help :D

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smellysheep6

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Just bought a 2001 D22 so am new to the scene. There are a few things I would like to do to the truck, and some things I have to do. And many choices to be made! I look forward to hearing from you, and any advice will always be welcomed :)

From what I can tell, she seems to be fairly standard. Looks like the body has been lifted at the back, not too sure if its standard on the front. Infact, if anyone knows the standard ride height, maybe from top of tyre to arch, it would be good to know.

Unfortunately, somebody has nicked the load-liner out the back of her at some point so I will need to address that pretty soon. Trying to decide between a new load-liner with a rollbar, or some sort of Carryboy type canopy. Any thoughts?

The MAIN thing that I have to fix though is the front bumper. Im not sure if you can make it out in the photos but It is sitting very strangely. Its kinda hanging down on both sides, so there is a gap with the arches. It doesnt seem to have any slack in it though, and I just cant figure out how to adjust it. Any help with this would make my day!

Sorry for the long post. As I said, im new here so not too sure what I'm doing!

Cheers

Rod

Post up a pic mate.

I take its a series 1 D22 going by the age, being in Scotland use may have got the newer shape before us.

Dave.

Oh yeah, a photo would have helped! haha!

Attachments

• 097.jpg
    097.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 72
Tidy looking D22, thats the tidiest Series 1 I have seen a pic of from Europe.

TD25TI ?

With the front bar look at the front chassis rails and the bar will be bolted to that. Loosen the bolts and adjust it how you want it to sit.

^ I had to think then as my Nav from the day I bought it new had a steel bullbar.

Mate check out people signatures for ideas and look throught the members rides and see what mods will suit your truck.

Enjoy the forum.

Dave.

Thanks for the quick reply Dave! Yup, its the 2.5 Turbo.
I'm off outside to look for those bumper mounts! What do you think of the ride height? Do you think it has been raised?

Yeah mate the back looks a little higher then standard.

What did the previous owner use it for ?

Was it loaded up all the time, was thinking they might have fitted heavy duty leaves to carry the weight.

How does it ride ?

Dave.

Thats the front bumper fixed, thanks mate! It seems to ride ok, I've not noticed any adverse handling or anything like that. One thing I have noticed is that if I have it in 2wd in the wet the back end tends to slide out if im cornering in second or third gear, but im guessing this is pretty normal.
Il get some photos of the rear suspension and upload them.
Instead of getting it lowered back down, is raising the front end relatively easy?

Like Dave I think it may have had HD leaves put in the back to carry some load, do you know it's history? Did it come from a farm or tradesman? Looks in good nick.

Welcome to the forum Rod.

Welcome to the forum!

I wouldn't drop the thing into 4WD to counter that loose tail, the drive train between front and rear is solid and you'll bind it up, causing damage to the diffs, CVs and stretching the transfer chain. The better solution is to ease off on the foot! :big_smile:

I'd take a drive over a speed hump. If the front goes over nicely and the rear jolts really hard, there's tougher springs in the back for sure. The standard vehicle does a mild jolt but nothing bone-jarring.

I thought the front of the D22 could be raised by tweaking the torsion bars a little?

Looks like factory leaves to me.

May have been reset or longer shackles installed.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back