HID conversion interferes with UHF

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick-J

Reaction score
Hi guys, I finally got time to fit HID kits to the headlights and spotties to the Nav last week, now when I turn on the spotties the UHF explodes into a shit load of static. The lights run through the standard loom, but I mounted the balast etc to the alloy roobar. I'm thinking it may be an earthing issue but thought i'd put it out there first as I know a few of you have already installed them and maybe struck a similar problem. Cheers, Mick.

Poor quality ballasts I guess.

I'm importing lighting equipment (commercial lighting eqiuip) at moment and spending a shitload on getting them tested for among things EMC (electro Magnetic Compatibility) to ensure they don't cause any interference with other equipment.
Not sure about 12v gear but the fine for me selling non compliant stuff is $825,000 and two years in clink.

justdrinkbeer said:
Poor quality ballasts I guess.

I'm importing lighting equipment (commercial lighting eqiuip) at moment and spending a shitload on getting them tested for among things EMC (electro Magnetic Compatibility) to ensure they don't cause any interference with other equipment.
Not sure about 12v gear but the fine for me selling non compliant stuff is $825,000 and two years in clink.

Well cut me off at the knees and call me a tripod! That's farken expensive!
Yeah cheaper ballast did mess with my radio and UHF. Just spent good money on y new set for the rallye 4000's to go in this weekend. :)

My led light bar messes with my fm radio reception...

It shines on the aerial so I wonder if that's why?

Back