HID Spotlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nismo4x4

Reaction score
Hey guys,

JUst wired some HID spot lights, and just wondering if its normal when i have the car off and turn the spotties on only one spottie lights but when i have the car on both lights are lit??!?!?! and also is it normal that when the nav is on and crank the spotties theres a quick flash then drops intensity then it slowly gets brighter and brighter??? is this how high intensity discharge works??

Well the flash part is correct then dims then brightens back up. But u say about only 1 lighting up when car is off. Both mine work and I have hid kits installed into ipf900 spotties. I have no idea why you only have one light when car is off.

Shouldn't matter if the car isn't running, both should be on.
They do flash, then dim a little, then get brighter until they are at max brightness but usually only when cold. After you've had them on for a while and dim them for only a few seconds or so they should still be at there max brightness when you flick them back up.

Have you gone through and checked all your fittings especially any crimp fittings? my thoughts being maybe when the car is off, your getting 11 to 12v from the battery. so through a dicky connection you might be dropping 3 or so volts and only having 9v to the ballast not giving it enough to ignite. Running the car, the alternator is charging the battery at 13.8 or so volts giving enough volts to pass through the dicky connection and ignite the ballast. just me thoughts could be way off base i guess. best of luck with it.

thanks fellas...this is going to be a pr*** to troubleshoot the one light thing...time to get the volt meter out...

thanks again

also yes once warmed up it does come up max bright once flicking the switch on/off

Don't worry about it, it is a common fault with the huge amount of voltage that these lights suck when firing up. Sometimes it wont allow enough power to get them going. The same thing happens with mine from time to time. I also work with these lights day to day in the mining industry and when a machine is off and you have 6 lights wired together sometimes a few of them wont fire if the battery voltage is a little low.

Easy fix start the car and then turn them on

Don't worry about it,

ahh i see. cool...it was me first time wiring spotties and thought i rooted something up...

but iv just recently bought a CAT battery with 780CCA rating...oh well..

at least the lights work normally with the car on...just thought it was strange..

Back