High flow ht12-19b boosting late

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Insanenavara

Reaction score
Hey guys I have recently just put a new head with head gasket on my 2006 zd30 d22 and while I was at it I put on a new high flow turbo and egr blanking plate I have noticed since I have done this I don't get full boost till 3200rpm but once I do get boost it flys. My question is would a chip fix this issue and which chip? Or any other advice will be greatly appreciated

Strange.. On my 04 I used to get max boost at 2800 rpm. Have you checked for leaks? Or maybe your diaphragm on the waste gate has been punctured. A chip would help a fair bit, is it the right size turbo?

I understand its a hitachi however what has been done to it? eg has both the exhaust and compressor wheels been re-sized, has it been ported, has the wastgate bypass been opened up? does it have a adjustable waste-gate aka adjustable preload, are you running a boost controller?

ok so firstly have you set the pre-load on the waste-gate?
if its not set correctly then it will be opening pre maturely
you should pair the turbo with a simple boost controller, Firstly set the wast-gate pre-load at 15, 17, 20 psi whatever your running, the more tension the higher the boost pressure, fit the boost controller and match it with that, Once there matched you should be right, the boost controller can alleviate waste-gate creep (pre mature opening).

hope that helps

I remember speaking with you now.

As lawry said i was going to mention wastegate preload

Do you have a boost guage? If so what boost is it runnin it should be adjusted to run 16-17 psi

Something is wrong to give u an idea i have the same turbo running 16psi it gets there just after 2000rpm and i DONT have an exhaust

Lets hope its not a timing issue and just that gate leaking precious exhaust gases

I don't have a gauge on it I will put one on and see what it says as I said it goes great once it starts boosting but I'm still running factory ecu etc

Forefront sent you a PM regarding stage 2 turbos
also can you check the High flow thread regarding my response, my question overlap.

cheers

Yeh factory ecu is fine for even 20psi

How do you know when tour reaching max boost without a guage? Just by feel?

Im betting ur runnin low boost because of exhaust gases bleeding from the gate .... When you wind it up to 16 it will really haul ass

Yeah by feel I have a race car so know what to feel for but not overly experienced with diesel that's all

Cool yeh let us know what the boost is showing to start with it may be running only 12 psi with a quick adjustment of the gate flap we can increase the preload which increases spool up time

you have to give the adjuster more pre-load as in shorten the distance from the diaphragm to the waste gate arm. Which i believe on Forefronts design you would undo the lock nut then rotate either the rod or the receiving end that goes to the waste gate arm. after that do the lock nut back up and test drive. it may take a few attempts to get it to where you want it at probably best to it in half turn or turn increments as well.

He told me you need 5-7 mm of preload on the wastegate. Pull the circlip off the wastegate arm, lever it of the wastegate, undo the locknut, wind the eye end in, then use pliers to pull the waste gate arm out and hook it back on to the waste gate arm.

Latest posts

Back