high flow or upgrade turbo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi guys.....i signed up my own account so loveit can keep his

i am in the process of making another turbo ....this one will be able to make the weekend towers and the weekend drag racers all happy.

still trying to keep boost coming on early....and this time a slightly different compressor wheel

have a couple of other surprises coming through for zd30 soon too

for those that asked...working on the d22 yd25 turbo now also....cant understand why nissaan fitted 3 different turbos to the yd25 powered d22 and d40

i am in the process of making another turbo ....this one will be able to make the weekend towers and the weekend drag racers all happy.

still trying to keep boost coming on early....and this time a slightly different compressor wheel

for those that asked...working on the d22 yd25 turbo now also....cant understand why nissaan fitted 3 different turbos to the yd25 powered d22 and d40

You mention 3 different turbos. How do you mean? 3 turbos between the yd25 motor? The turbo is different on the d40 cause its a variable vane where as the d22 are vnt? Or is there 3 different turbos for d22 yd25 and 3 different for d40 yd25?

You mention 3 different turbos. How do you mean? 3 turbos between the yd25 motor? The turbo is different on the d40 cause its a variable vane where as the d22 are vnt? Or is there 3 different turbos for d22 yd25 and 3 different for d40 yd25?

Think he means 1 turbo for each of the 98kw, 126kw and 140kw variants

imagine a D22 with the 140kw motor and then fitted with a chip/exhaust :devil:

Im excited! Keep us posted.

yeh what i meant was

d22 yd25 non vnt triangle flange
d40 yd25 vnt triangle flange
d40 yd25 vnt square flange

all have different turbos......makes it really difficult for me now lol

i suppose it can be put down to power rating and the "upsell" but all 3 turbos are still similar specs inside...

Last edited:

Hows the weekend drag racer version going Forefront?

is the only difference a billet comp wheel? any change in comp size and exhaust wheel?

The comp wheel has a lot of changes over oem

Made no changes to rear this time..(same as oem) . The new comp wheel allowed us to keep the rear the same

^This sounds good! What difference in performance over the standard turbo and your previous hi-flo should we expect? Any dyno charts or flow maps?

Also can you comment on just changing the factory actuator that you sell on your ebay store with what improvements people would generally see over the tired stock ones on most peoples trucks.

Latest posts

Back