Hot mudguard & Bonnet & fuel cons.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guvnar

Reaction score
Hi to all. I am, the not very happy, owner of a Nissan Navara D40 King cab ute with a 2.1m steel tray, I purchased it new in may 2010 it has travelled almost 10,000km, and it has a drinking problem. It consumers 20.4l/100km around town and 17l/100km on a long run. I have had it back to dealership with no success. I consider myself to be a reasonable driver and I dont work the vehicle very hard or fast[ normally well within the speed limits etc.]I have also noticed that after a short run of about 25-30km the bonnet and mudguard adjacent to the exhaust/Turbo becomes extremely hot [ too hot to place your hand on without extreme discomfort ]. I have read most of the posts regarding fuel consumption but have not seen any reference to the heat problem. Has anyone got any Ideas?. I bought the ute to tow my caravan but am not brave enough to hook it on, as the fuel consumption is going to be out of this world going on above figures.
Would appreciate any suggestions,and wish all a happy Easter
Regards guvnar

Welcome to the forums. That's definitely the worst KC economy I've seen on here I believe, you should speak to management about getting some kind of reward.

Shit mate, Id be pissed aswell.

Cant say I have heard to much about the heat problems.

I think Ill keep my ZD30 non CRD.

Latest posts

Back