How good are Ironman Bullbars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be lucky too. Dealt with the Fyshwick store in Canberra for years - great bunch of troops, and have always delivered great customer service.

Now, down in Hobart, the guys at the store here are magic to deal with.

Can only speak for my own experiences, but in the better part of 20 years dealing with ARB, the only problem I've had is when they couldn't supply a bullbar for my (at the time) new GU Patrol for 4 weeks.

I must be lucky too. Dealt with the Fyshwick store in Canberra for years - great bunch of troops, and have always delivered great customer service.

Now, down in Hobart, the guys at the store here are magic to deal with.

Can only speak for my own experiences, but in the better part of 20 years dealing with ARB, the only problem I've had is when they couldn't supply a bullbar for my (at the time) new GU Patrol for 4 weeks.

Well where do i start , for many years i had no issues with ARB and i well know their beginnings as my fathers business used to make brackets for them 20 years ago , but how things have changed through the years

my issues with them started back when i had a ML triton , it had all arb stuff on it , but it was when i had the rear bar fitted it my arb relationship went pair shaped

i went to pick it up after having the rear bar fitted , and as you do i looked t over and i couldn't believe what i seen , i had extended shackles on the tri , and they were sitting hard up on the rear bar mounts , and you can imagine the noise , they didn't even see it , the upshot of that debacle was i had to buy a set of their rear springs , no choice it was undrivable as it was , ( but was sitting in the car park waiting to be picked up ) 1 week after being fitted they were squeaking their tits out , called back to be told " sorry we cant book you in for 4 weeks " so off i went toward Townsville , stopped in Northern NSW and had them looked at as i was going spare by then , and a local place noted also that the anti inversion shackles were back to front , townsville arb removed and refitted them and that lasted 500 ks till the noise returned , at this point i just put up with it

fast forward to the Navara , color coded bar , colored the wrong color , took a whole day to fit too ," and yes they did fit it , wrong colour n all " " another lost days pay " only to be told , sorry we cant do anything about it for another 6 weeks , i duely arrive on said day to have re colored bar fitted , and i leave 4 hours later after they refitted the bar twice , as my 15 y/o son could have put it on straighter by him self , now if you call this quality and customer service , your a very easily pleased bloke ,no were sorry , have a free cap , kiss our arse , no nothing

Last edited:
No two ways about it, that is a pretty crap situation. I'd be pretty dirty about it too. But again, I can only speak for my own experiences.

The thing is though, you're not talking about a company - you're talking about one or two outlets. And (not having a go), but you haven't said whether they were just resellers, whether they were "factory" shops... There are thousands of workshops in Aus that sell their gear.

If It seems like I'm being an apologist for them, I'm not - I just believe in placing the blame for something where it belongs. It seems to me, that the blame in this instance, rests PURELY with the place that fitted the gear.

Last edited:
This is hijacking the thread a little as its about Iornman , not ARB service , and as i said above , at least Iornman are trying to address their issues , not resting their fat laurels like others , and treating customers with total distain

Well where do i start , for many years i had no issues with ARB and i well know their beginnings as my fathers business used to make brackets for them 20 years ago , but how things have changed through the years

my issues with them started back when i had a ML triton , it had all arb stuff on it , but it was when i had the rear bar fitted it my arb relationship went pair shaped

i went to pick it up after having the rear bar fitted , and as you do i looked t over and i couldn't believe what i seen , i had extended shackles on the tri , and they were sitting hard up on the rear bar mounts , and you can imagine the noise , they didn't even see it , the upshot of that debacle was i had to buy a set of their rear springs , no choice it was undrivable as it was , ( but was sitting in the car park waiting to be picked up ) 1 week after being fitted they were squeaking their tits out , called back to be told " sorry we cant book you in for 4 weeks " so off i went toward Townsville , stopped in Northern NSW and had them looked at as i was going spare by then , and a local place noted also that the anti inversion shackles were back to front , townsville arb removed and refitted them and that lasted 500 ks till the noise returned , at this point i just put up with it

fast forward to the Navara , color coded bar , colored the wrong color , took a whole day to fit too ," and yes they did fit it , wrong colour n all " " another lost days pay " only to be told , sorry we cant do anything about it for another 6 weeks , i duely arrive on said day to have re colored bar fitted , and i leave 4 hours later after they refitted the bar twice , as my 15 y/o son could have put it on straighter by him self , now if you call this quality and customer service , your a very easily pleased bloke ,no were sorry , have a free cap , kiss out arse , no nothing

Ok that story is a bit how you going, BUT as i have said to others when they whinge about ALL nissan being crap because of THEIR experience, just because that happened to you doesnt mean EVERY ARB store and all of there gear is CRAP and EVERY one of their installers are shit,,,,
sorry but the wrong colour doesnt really compare to the guy in the video with the ironman bar, nor does the fact that your shackles didnt suit the rear bar that still doesnt mean the gear you got was shit.

This is hijacking the thread a little as its about Iornman , not ARB service , and as i said above , at least Iornman are trying to address their issues , not resting their fat laurels like others , and treating customers with total distain

True.

I don't have much Ironman gear, and what I have had - only ever had one failure. Had one of their rechargeable LED work lights. Great piece of kit. Until it died. The charger died.

So Ironman arranged for it to be replaced. No hassles, no questions, just "Yeah, sure mate, done."

I was stoked with that light. Was a bloody brilliant piece of kit.

I say "Was" because I left it under the bonnet once. Was a major d!ckhead moment. The light is probably now somewhere between Cooma and Nimitabel.

It may be hijacking but you were throwing a blanket over all of ARB with your statements and i just do not think that should be done just like im sure not all ironman stores have the same reputation as each other.
I wonder if we could talk to the guy in that video what he would say about Ironman, just because they are on here playing nice doesnt straight away say that that guy has seen that sort of response, maybe thats why he had the shits enough to put it on YouTube??

NO i didnt say their stuff was crap , i still use it , my point is simple , its not just Iornman , TJM etc that have issues , and ARB after service is crap , i don't care what anyone says , and paying $ 2600 for a color coded bar , one would think it would be right !!! or you wouldnt fit it , but the knobs didn't even check before hacking the crap out of the bumper ( and i do mean hacking the crap out of it ) , and any numb nut could see the shackles were slamming into the rear bar , f me , a deaf man could have heard it at 1000 paces rolling over a match !!!! and by the way , that was over 3 ARB stores , and numerous fitters

Last edited:
Funny too , i dont have one piece of iornman on my truck , not that i have anything against it , but of all the bits i want to put on , they dont grab me , i dont like the look of their lights , their long range tank is just as expensive as a local manufactured one , and their bash plates dont compare to Brown Davis , AND most of all , way back when i brought my Triton at Knox Mitsubishi , my son came with me to the delivery , and in the show room was a fully decked out tri , he looked at it and said Dad , that logo on all that stuff looks gay , lol no way i was going to put gay stuff on my truck

Sorry Iornman lol

Last edited:
NO i didnt say their stuff was crap , i still use it , my point is simple , its not just Iornman , TJM etc that have issues , and ARB after service is crap , i don't care what anyone says , and paying $ 2600 for a color coded bar , one would think it would be right !!! or you wouldnt fit it , but the knobs didn't even check before hacking the crap out of the bumper ( and i do mean hacking the crap out of it ) , and any numb nut could see the shackles were slamming into the rear bar , f me , a deaf man could have heard it at 1000 paces rolling over a match !!!! and by the way , that was over 3 ARB stores , and numerous fitters

yep every ARB store has crap after sales service every single one of them :hmmmm2:

I paid $1900 for my bar fitted why did you pay $2600 for a painted one?? i was quoted $2300 fitted for colour coded bar in november 2012 :dontknow:
i think youve been had :rofl2:

yep every ARB store has crap after sales service every single one of them :hmmmm2:

I paid $1900 for my bar fitted why did you pay $2600 for a painted one?? i was quoted $2300 fitted for colour coded bar in november 2012 :dontknow:
i think youve been had :rofl2:

Yeah i was , it was through a dealer , iam not that silly , BUT you have to let them have their little wins , its all a part of the big picture

Just in reply to Ironman
No it is not my bar, I am in the market for one & going through the web found the complaint on your product.
It is great that you would like to rectify the problem here & perhaps you have, but the fact of this problem happened is not good and I doubt he would have filmed this without contacting Ironman and received a negative reply.
As you guys have said a lot of the problem is the installers BUT????

Just in reply to Ironman
No it is not my bar, I am in the market for one & going through the web found the complaint on your product.
It is great that you would like to rectify the problem here & perhaps you have, but the fact of this problem happened is not good and I doubt he would have filmed this without contacting Ironman and received a negative reply.
As you guys have said a lot of the problem is the installers BUT????

One thing to remember Johnno , iornman is sold by lots of resellers , some may not be all that scrupulous , this guy may have whinged to whom he got it off and was told to bugger off

One thing to remember Johnno , iornman is sold by lots of resellers , some may not be all that scrupulous , this guy may have whinged to whom he got it off and was told to bugger off

The same goes for ARB Steve, they have way more stockists then actual ARB stores, even the ones that are totally covered in ARB signage are not necessarily an ARB store they might be a stockist or a franchise.
were the three you dealt with owned by ARB?

The same goes for ARB Steve, they have way more stockists then actual ARB stores, even the ones that are totally covered in ARB signage are not necessarily an ARB store they might be a stockist or a franchise.
were the three you dealt with owned by ARB?

Sadly yes they are

Yeh mate both work it's just when you go to turn the wireless on with the switch that doesn't work. Also I'm after a price on some bash plates for my d40 navara 2012 model st Spain build would you rather pm you as I'm a after a few things and question's.

Hey BigTrev,

In that case I'd suggest going to the place of purchase for the winch as they are the ones that will handle the warranty.

As for pricing on bash plates - $396.

Happy for you to PM or continue on this thread about things/questions. I'll let you decide what you feel is more appropriate.

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the customer in the video has finally been contacted and we’ve come to a positive resolution. We will be replacing the bar and bracket that he was provided and will be fitting it at his house at a time that suits him, a resolution that the customer is happy with.

Unfortunately it appears the customer received a bar and components that were sold as new but had no wrapping on anything, an incorrect bracket, mis-matched bolts and missing items; something that we are currently addressing with the distributor who sold it to him.

Unfortunately with network as large as ours, situations like this do occur, but I really hope this resolution shows our commitment to our customers and how we stand by our products. If you ever do face an issue with a product and you aren’t getting any help from your distributor, please let us know. The worst thing you can do is not contact us and let us try and help you!

Cheers,

Matt – Digital Marketing Co-Ordinator
Ironman 4x4

Well done , others sit up and take note , how rare it is for a large company to not only replace a product , but actually go to the effort to track down an unhappy customer , efforts like this don't go unrewarded , well done

Latest posts

Back