How many Klm per tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gt714me

Reaction score
Gidday all Hopefully I will be getting my just purchased 2009 d22 back from the mechanics it is having timing chain done under warranty
I have not had the chance to drive it anywhere but to the mechanics but when it comes back I will be giving it a big test with a serious workout towing a boat to NW WA and pulling it through sand dunes.
My question is how many K's per tank are other standard manual 2.5 D22's owners getting per tank country driving
I know I will use more due to towing the small boat but I want a ballpark so I can estimate how many Jerry cans I will need to get me back to the first available servo from our campsite .
Thanks

fuel light comes on at 600km only ever driven it to 660. but light is 6oo religiosly. 2012 d22 12000kms on the clock

really depends how u drive...
if i give it a work out round town i get around 550's... my average now since i got my exhaust is about 600 quite easily... even though i give it the berries a bit more often to get the tunes goin... :)
the best i got was 80% highway and i got 760..

getting 830 with mostly town and some freeway/highway driving. i have a chip and exhaust though

I get between 750 - 800 driving normally and 650 - 700 towing a 750kg work trailer.
I usually fill up when the gauge reads one quarter full and that is around the 600km mark.
It averages about 200km per quarter tank.

680 or so on my ZD30, 730km in my last one which had yd25, took that one over to fraser island for a week and did 550-600ks of sand driving and only used about 80% of a full tank, lots of low range >30km/h sort of driving on the tracks to which I was quite impressed with.

10L per 100, pretty consistently, 12L / 100km off road touring with weigh in the back.

stock zd30 at 3/4 empty i'd get 650-680kms that's including 5-7min warm up and turbo timer set on 2mins

thewhip

Took a new navara (2000kls)to Qld from Syd ,was getting 800 a tank on highway and now about 750 around town.

yeah thats what i was just looking at mine is farked :( I figured they just had shit economy but apparently its just mine. its probably slightly worse on the highway if you sit on 110kms on the speedo which is actually only 100kms really.
i refueled today it had 639kms on it and i had driven pro probably 40kms with fuel light on. Im lazy and fuel up only when i have to lol.
hmmmm not happy how the fark do some of you get 700+kms a tank

I've never seen the fuel light on mine. Last tank I did 666km and squeezed in 62l... That's with a fair bit of freeway driving at 100km too (110 on the speedo) with a bit of stop start 80km zones in there too. I don't have anything in it though, well maybe 100kg or so in the tray, toolbox with compressor and a recovery kit, camping gear (fold up table, chairs, log stove), but I do have an xrox bar and ridge ryder 12000lb winch (with rope, not cable).

QQC, what u need to ask is litre's per 100, everyone fills up differently and differnt amounts.
also important to remember the newer cars are out by 10% unless they have the bigger tires on them (i've adjusted my numbers to compensate). that means THEWHIP (unless he's adjusted the figures or has the larger tyres) is only getting 720km per tank on the highway and ~675 around town. hav you run some injector cleaner thru it, new air filter etc? had a dusty trip last march sitting behind a friend's patrol on dirt roads for a few days and fuel use started to go up, cleaned the air fliter which was full of dust and suddenly had more power and fuel usage dropped...

8-9lt per 100km ... last fill I did was 450k and it took about 40lt (about half half, highway/in town)

I always run it to fuel light well a bit past there and allways fill it to the brim. I havent checked how big the tank is i was guessing 65/70ltrs. Its hard for me to do litres/100kms as i fill up out of a bowser without a meter not at servo. Have filled up at servo a few times but cant remeber how many litres it took but the fuel economy was no better. Air filter is always clean. I am only running standard tyres.
The weird thing is i can drive it like a pensioner or i can flogg the living piss out of it for a whole tank and it hardly changes,less than 10kms difference when the fuel light comes on.
I might change the fuel filter see if that makes a difference. It shouldnt with 12000kms on it and i know all the fuel that comes out of our bowser is clean. It gets turnt over weekly and the trucks it gets used in start having trouble at the first sign of slightly dirty fuel so id know if it had an average batch. :/
Fuel economy doesnt really worry me at the moment as i dont pay for diesel but it still annous me its so high. That would be one more day id get before i had to fill up lol. God im lazy hahaha

Latest posts

Back