How many Klm per tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I learned this lesson 20 something years ago dilmah yes blame the 33's.
Before i raised my d21 in 1990 i was getting 420per half tank with mild performace

After fitting the 33's it was gutless and lucky to get 300 per half "75ltr tank" after a few years of busting driveline and steering parts i had to get rid of the 33's.

I went out got a set of the best atr's i could fit on the standard rims back to 420 a tank and heaps more grunt ,best of all it went everywhere that i used to with the old wheels and better also things stopped breaking it saved me heaps

Now since then any of my cars i keep the stock rims and fit the best atr's no more problems.

I'm getting better mileage since putting a canopy on.
Towing a work trailer 5 days a week at about 200 kilometres a day, on average I'm using just over 9 litres / 100kms.

went from 9l/100km before christmas. fitted x fox bar, winch, 2"body lift, LED light bar and 33"s
now getting 12L/100km

33's killed it the most, id say 2L/100km extra
maybe time to change the diff ratios.......

Is that going off your standard odometer or are you using a GPS to measure distances? Just remember with 33's you will actually travel further than the odometer shows because of the step up in size from stock, unless you are allowing for that...?

I have made the adjustments for the larger tyres (10% larger rolling diameter) and would still be getting 11 - 12L/100km

I was amazed on a trip this weekend to get 704km out of a tank on a trip to south west rocks!! No idea what I did different to normal as had 2.5 people on board and all our camp gear but distance was measured on the GPS (or ipad) and fuel was full to almost empty when filled (dash readout said 38km left to empty). Drove pretty normally, we weren't in a rush so probably sat around 95-100kph the whole way there and back

Was proper chuffed with that

I know this is a long thread as i said before i get 9kms per 100 all day after the beau exhaust chip and minor boost increase.

With my caravan 1.4t 200ltrs of water and the tub full of gear 15ltrs per 100 on a 800km trip does this seem normal i think it's bloody good that's from noosa to rainbow in the very soft crap then back down the hwy.

Thanks for the reply i feel that little donk would struggle with anything more whatevever you do the cubes are small whatever you do will reduce it being reliable,but i had no high egt's or problems the van pulls all your grunt the dmax that came along did well a bit low under and bottomed out,the auto was ununusal may i say very laggy but when going pulled like a 16yr old in a brothel he was getiing 10.5 with no trailer so that's still bloody good for a auto in soft stuff.

Latest posts

Back