How many Klm per tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since my 06 only gets 630km all highway im going to try some caltex vortex diesel since its meant to be the ducks nuts, will take 3 weeks to get through a tank but will be interesting comparing it to shell which up until now I have always used.

50km in motor feels a bit smoother although it could just be a placebo effect.

With a tray and 265x75x16 I was getting 11.5lph. I used to get between 10 and10.5lph with stock tyres and the tub still fitted. Now inter cooled and 2.5" red back exhaust running the 265,75,16 tyres and still with a tub on I,m back on 10lph again

Since my 06 only gets 630km all highway im going to try some caltex vortex diesel since its meant to be the ducks nuts, will take 3 weeks to get through a tank but will be interesting comparing it to shell which up until now I have always used.

50km in motor feels a bit smoother although it could just be a placebo effect.

I normally run vortex in mine, on the odd occasion I have filled up at shell I have lost a little bit of economy. I can't say I notice whether the motor is any rougher with shell, but I don't use it often enough to notice anyway...

Yeah spot on you got me it's still a damm good thing sometimes i would trade my yd25 for the older zd30 yes it is renoo built but it is the better motor i spoke to a elderly gent with a 2006 420.000 at the servo no mods still going strong

owned a 09 one and had a pretty big loan on it, bought it when they were still ~38k then overnight nissan dropped them down to $32990 (thanks nissan...) anyway I sold it and payed off my loan, went without a car for a while and saved heaps of money then bought an 06 in mint condition with only 64000km on it, figured the 3.0L ones hold their value better. Lately though I have been looking at getting a hilux, the D4d has heaps more torque from idle compared to the YD25 and ZD30 in unmodified condition or i could get that awesome V6 they make as well. I made a thread discussing it if you would like to talk about it :)

edit: I should point out I am not a toyota fanboy or anything I just think its time for something different.

Last edited:
That happened to a good mate of mine he paid just on 40k with canopy ect then 6mths later i paid 30k but his was the last of the jap's mine is thai with all the body mount drama's he had none anyway made sense to get rid of that loan in your cars condition close to 20k is not a problem and nothing wrong with a change i agree

2012 model with 16thou on the clock, recently went up to noosa from brissy... being that i was in noosa i could help meself but to go over and check out all the erosion from the cyclones on teewah beach and went along the beach and into rainbow then all the way back down.. did 705km from full to fuel light.. have managed 70 odd km out of fuel light but filled up when it came on.

That's bloody good mich even with tyres let down for for the beach i reckon you know how to drive and putted along why rush i keep a log for tax reasons and as soon as you drive silly down goes economy

Just got through a tank of vortex diesel, not overly impressed, felt the same as shell... no magical extra power people talk about, economy was exactly the same (62.71L/617.6km)*100 = 10.2L/100km cost me $105 to fill up last time with it and cost me $90 to fill up at shell last night rough estimates for cost per km shell ($90/~620km)= $0.145c/km cost per km vortex ($105/630km)= $0.167c/km

this is on a 06 ZD30 with 265/75r16 stock everything, sorry for the maths but I am studying civil engineering and love to analyze things with maths lol.

note: for the distances traveled on vortex I went to 630km before the fill up shell its almost always about 610-620km.

Just got through a tank of vortex diesel, not overly impressed, felt the same as shell... no magical extra power people talk about, economy was exactly the same (62.71L/617.6km)*100 = 10.2L/100km cost me $105 to fill up last time with it and cost me $90 to fill up at shell last night rough estimates for cost per km shell ($90/~620km)= $0.145c/km cost per km vortex ($105/630km)= $0.167c/km

this is on a 06 ZD30 with 265/75r16 stock everything, sorry for the maths but I am studying civil engineering and love to analyze things with maths lol.

note: for the distances traveled on vortex I went to 630km before the fill up shell its almost always about 610-620km.

Felt the same coz it pretty much is! If your In Vic, comes from same tanks just different additives!

I filled up last at 708kms put in 63.15lts so just on 9ltrs per hundred ive tried them all there the bloody same though years ago when we were burning stock on the property it would ignite with a whoose like petrol now in is hard to ignite and no bang in it at all allmost puts the match out

could be a heavier hydrocarbon chain in modern fuel causing that, would in theory give you more power just it needs a better catalyst.

1300ks from 114 litres. I have a long range tank think it holds 125 litres. Sure its around 9l for 100ks.Happy with that.

went from 9l/100km before christmas. fitted x fox bar, winch, 2"body lift, LED light bar and 33"s
now getting 12L/100km

33's killed it the most, id say 2L/100km extra
maybe time to change the diff ratios.......

Latest posts

Back