how much movement/vibration does your bullbar have?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qqc d22

Reaction score
I have 2012 d22 just fitted an ironman bullbar and it seems to shake quiet a bit i was wondering if they all do it. it looks to have solid mounting points etc. but has a bad shake over bumps anyone got a bar that doesnt and if so would love some pics of the mounts

My ARB bar shakes a bit, the earlier ARB bar on my mates old Hilux is rock solid by comparison. His old ARB bar is definitely made out of thicker steel than mine.

You need to define the shaking a little more, with the vehicle parked, can you move the thing around on its mounts or are you talking about whilst driving and you go over a speed bump etc?

If it moves around when pushed or pulled with the vehicle being stationary, you have a loose bar mount, which will need to be tightened.

If it moves while going over a bump or pothole, it is most likely the body moving around on the mounts, this is normal to a degree as the mounts are designed to give a little, but if its excessive, the body bolts may be loose and need re-tightening.

When you get your next service, ask the dealer to check the body mount bolts.

Its not the bar mounts there tight and solid it is whilst driving over rough roads. the body mounts will be a bit of it forsure but the bar itself seems to shudder and vbrate/move a little.

my bar vibrates a bit as well to the point on really ruff roads if im going fast just touching the wheel arch but its nothin to worry about i think

My bar mounts are tight (I've checked). I think you're right about the body mounts though Vornar, I'll check them when I've got a chance.

Its just the twist between the chassis and the body. If you glance at the rear tub as you drive you will see the same thing.
Its normal.

nissan steel bullbar vibrates noticably at times over rough sections.
the bar is rock solid, but the mounting brackets could be a bit bigger and stronger i reckon, and im pretty sure thats where the vibration comes from. must be designed that way as part of the crumple zone.

Cheers guys i was thinking the crumple zone part of the rails may play a part. anyway as long as there all the same thats enough to keep me happy, just wanted to check if it was just the ironman bar or all bars.
Thanks for the info
Dale

i thought mine was pretty bad for movement, then went for a ride in a mates new prado..... they are alot worse!!

y do people keep thinking its the body mount bolts?? its bullbar flutter, my factory winch bar does it and i know its the bar not the body because my uhf antenna shakes to shit house every time the bullbar fultters

its bullbar flutter, my factory winch bar does it and i know its the bar not the body because my uhf antenna shakes to shit house every time the bullbar fultters

That's exactly what my ARB bar does scooba. My mates old ARB bar on his old Toyota ute is made of thicker metal (you can see it just looking at them side by side) and it simply doesn't 'flutter'.

I reckon in the attempt to save weight and money they've caused this flutter problem.

That's exactly what my ARB bar does scooba. My mates old ARB bar on his old Toyota ute is made of thicker metal (you can see it just looking at them side by side) and it simply doesn't 'flutter'.

I reckon in the attempt to save weight and money they've caused this flutter problem.

the bar is 3 pieces, the actual bar which is quite bloody solid and the mounting brackets, 1 each side.

the brackets are made out of 3 or 4mm steel. they also have vee type shape bent into them. i'm thinking this it all a part of the crumple system.
probably more of a later model safetly compliance thing than a money saving issue.

the nissan alloy bars have bigger stronger mounting brackets, but the bar itself will bend and crumple a lot more than the steel bars to absorb the impact unlike the steel bar.

rock solid chassis rails and bar would be best for off road, but not for accidents on the road. im sure there would be regulations in place these days for crumple features.

I've got an Xrox bar with a winch in too and the front bash plate and it still moves around a fair bit on the rough stuff. I'm not worried, the bar mounting is solid, its just the chassis flexing

My X-Rox Shakes its tits off but it is all done up very tight. I think it is all to do with Airbag. I see 200 series LC doing the same thing.

y do people keep thinking its the body mount bolts?? its bullbar flutter, my factory winch bar does it and i know its the bar not the body because my uhf antenna shakes to shit house every time the bullbar fultters

And i agree with this also.

On my hilux i had a cfa ariel a metal type, had it 4 years on the hilux bullbar no issue, Changed to nav and 6 months later it snapped and now 18 months later i have snapped another one, lucky i dont pay for them. On the hilux my uhf ariel and the cfa ariel both vibrated bad, but i never broke a ariel. all i am wondering is if t/bar front is a bit harsher than a leaf front, The bar shakes on bumpy roads but i put that down to bouncing with the chassis while the body has rubber mounts seperate from chassis so appears to move less than the bullbar

Latest posts

Back