How much psi??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calcal

Reaction score
hey guys,
how much psi can i safely run on a 3.0L with a 2.5" exhaust??
cheers

Yeah I have heard many people run 20PSI on the ZD30. So that would be your best bet.
Send Northside4x4 a PM and he might be able to help you if you want more.

stock boost is more than enough. a bit pointless without chipping it and 20 psi can cause damage without an intercooler.
after you have intercooled and chipped it, then look if you need to increase boost.

You'll find a modest, but noticeable difference in power with an intercooler fitted.

With a constant pressure, air at a low temperature will have a lot more molecules present than air at a high temperature. A good front-mount intercooler should be able to drop the temperature from about 200C (post-turbocharger) down to around 50-60C. The temperature will rise again as it enters the intake manifold and into the cylinder - but not by much until the intake valves close, and by then it's all extra bonus combustion power.

In short, get an intercooler - it will help greatly. If you don't like it for the performance gain (which in real terms isn't going to be huge, but it will be noticeable), you'll love it for its ability to catch parts of the turbocharger compressor when it lets go and they start heading for your intake manifold!

Mine will hit 17psi if I punch it.

Still waiting on Northside to hurry up and do his chip.

because you are only adding more air with a higher boost pressure and not altering fuel intput you will only lean the mixture out. on diesels if you run them too rich it is when you run into problems, by adding a boost tee and only adjusting the pressure to slightly above standard you can eliminate boost lag by letting the tee open the watsegate only when your set pressure is achieved, you will notice better acceleration with the tee, i have set mine at 18psi as at 20psi it will hit boost cut if holding boost up hill for prelonged periods... ie towing something heavy up long gradient

Latest posts

Back