How much?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevyn

Reaction score
Anyone have an idea how heavy a steel bull bar is. I want to install my winch and need to know if I have to get the bro inlaw up to give me a hand or not.

Cheers an beers Brad

Anyone have an idea how heavy a steel bull bar is. I want to install my winch and need to know if I have to get the bro inlaw up to give me a hand or not.

Cheers an beers Brad

Definately get a hand.

I agree with FB, it can be done on you pat malone but its an awkward F#!@%R of a job and you wont do your back any favours thats for sure.

I agree with FB, it can be done on you pat malone but its an awkward F#!@%R of a job and you wont do your back any favours thats for sure.

Good luck doing it with a winch attached too. You will kill yourself

ask your mates if anyone has a engine hoist/crane,will make it alot easier even with 2 blokes,that way you can lift it to where you want and just manouver it around as required without holding the weight at the same time.
i got 1($250) for removeing my steel tray and painting it by myself and have used it quet a bit since then for other jobs normally requiring 2 or more ppl.
just handy when you cant get anyone to help.

Thanks fellas, I hate asking for help but I guess this time I will.
As for lifting it with the winch in I have the T15 bar. The winch sits in a cradle that attaches to the mounting plates for the bull bar which stay on the ute.

From memory the bar is something like 55Kg and the winches are typically 38-40Kg. The bars have a lot of steel - usually 3mm and 6mm plate (particularly around the winch which MUST be 6mm).

My winch was 38Kg and it was a complete bastard holding it in position with one hand while trying to put the nuts in with the other. Naturally it got easier with the second bolt onwards, but Christ on a bike, 38Kg on the end of your arm lying on the ground under your car ... I don't want to do that again.

From memory the bar is something like 55Kg and the winches are typically 38-40Kg. The bars have a lot of steel - usually 3mm and 6mm plate (particularly around the winch which MUST be 6mm).

My winch was 38Kg and it was a complete bastard holding it in position with one hand while trying to put the nuts in with the other. Naturally it got easier with the second bolt onwards, but Christ on a bike, 38Kg on the end of your arm lying on the ground under your car ... I don't want to do that again.

There heavy son's of bitches. Especially lifting them into that space.

Latest posts

Back