How often do people change their CV Boots??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmacca

Reaction score
I was under my D22 the other Day and had a look at the CV Boots on the front drive shafts. They still looked like the original ones in there and the rubber did look old but still OK. Got me wondering as to if I should have them replaced with new "flexible" rubbers ones or just leave it all alone until one tears, etc....

What's peoples' thoughts in regards to this?

rob

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I have another car and the boots are always breaking. Drives me mad pulling the shafts all the time.

Don't know how hard they are to change on a D22 but I would be leaving them alone.

Yeah, I kinda thought that. They do seem quite well protected from getting damaged but I'd hate to be in the middle of no where and have a boot split purely through "old age"

mine have split and r thoughing gease everwhere. how hard r they to put new boots on? i can do most maintance thing on cars but ive neva done anything with cvs b4

Not really sure yet as I haven't needed to yet but if they are like my suzuki ones, u have to remove the inside CV to replace the outer and inner boots..... can anyone else comment on this?

If it still looks like it is in good nick then just leave it but keep an eye on them I had the retaining ring thingo come off mine when out 4wding and the boot came off the back of the hub causing mud and s#*t to get in and smash the CV joint to a million pieces.

I am planning on using these on both inner and outer boots on both C.V's ! It looks like a more supple rubber than the original ones! Any thoughts my fellow forum frequenters?

I personally leave them until They break.
I have never broken a CV I personally think it comes down to your driving style.
After all it is historically for a work Ute.

Treat it nice get good results!!!!

buMp,,, any views on how these come apart- on the inner end do you have to press them off or add a little heat and knock them off??

Latest posts

Back