how on earth do you tune D22 ZD30

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you guys are worse then a bunch of end of the world preachers.

Every manufacturer is not without problems, I have read alot more problems with Toyota of late then Nissan...

you guys are worse then a bunch of end of the world preachers.

Every manufacturer is not without problems, I have read alot more problems with Toyota of late then Nissan...

haha
im for nissan mate,no way in hell would i drive anything else.love my D22,wouldnt of spent 6g on anew engine if i didnt lol
i did alot of research before i got it and id say its the best of its class for sure

haha
im for nissan mate,no way in hell would i drive anything else.love my D22,wouldnt of spent 6g on anew engine if i didnt lol
i did alot of research before i got it and id say its the best of its class for sure

ya havin probs with tyres? severe turbo lag? rough ride, camber pins and bushes? sardine tin to sit in the back? sagging torsion bars? electrical probs? rust in the roof?

run 32" bighorns on 15x8s all good.
turbo winds up good-should be better when i chip and exhaust.
idles fine
ive replaced my bushings with nolathane.what do you mean by the pins?if you meand bending nope.
mines singlecab so i wouldnt like sitting in the back lol.
have had HD torsion bars for ages and there hold up great.
only elec problem is there super great idea to bolt the main battery fuse instead of normal plug.that was a pain in the ass.ohh my alternator is on its way out.

Last edited:
Finally have the equipment arriving Friday to do a proper tune on the D22's so if it can be got out of a D22 we will be able to get it. Any interest drop me a line at [email protected]

run 32" bighorns on 15x8s all good.
turbo winds up good-should be better when i chip and exhaust.
idles fine
ive replaced my bushings with nolathane.what do you mean by the pins?if you meand bending nope.
mines singlecab so i wouldnt like sitting in the back lol.
have had HD torsion bars for ages and there hold up great.
only elec problem is there super great idea to bolt the main battery fuse instead of normal plug.that was a pain in the ass.

32" bighorns! wholly shit it would be lucky to do 80k's on the highway well it would do it but it would be choking it up at the low rev's you would be doing? i'm only running 245/75/16's and it wouldn't pull the top sheet off ya bed! yea no wonder your not having torsion bar probs cause youv'e replaced with HD.

the reason your prob not having alignment issues is because those tyres are that big nothing could move anyway! to run those big of tyres,lol bet it isn't insured? and if it is it would be void, very brave man is all i can say. lol

Are you talking about a full remap of ecu or a plug in
Are you looking at yd25 as well as zd30
Cheers

32" bighorns! wholly shit it would be lucky to do 80k's on the highway well it would do it but it would be choking it up at the low rev's you would be doing? i'm only running 245/75/16's and it wouldn't pull the top sheet off ya bed! yea no wonder your not having torsion bar probs cause youv'e replaced with HD.

the reason your prob not having alignment issues is because those tyres are that big nothing could move anyway! to run those big of tyres,lol bet it isn't insured? and if it is it would be void, very brave man is all i can say. lol

that sucks,mine runs at 2600rpm at 100kph.still pulls of the lights quet well.i got calmini arms to make sure the alighnment would be ok with the 2" lift.shes insured

that sucks,mine runs at 2600rpm at 100kph.still pulls of the lights quet well.i got calmini arms to make sure the alighnment would be ok with the 2" lift.shes insured

m8 i'm doing 2600 at 100kmh and my tires are way smaller than yours, you would have to be 2000rpm or less or there's something seriously not reading right? insured! are you in oz? cause if ya are your insurance is void as the limit is only 15mm over standard i pretty sure?

m8 i'm doing 2600 at 100kmh and my tires are way smaller than yours, you would have to be 2000rpm or less or there's something seriously not reading right? insured! are you in oz? cause if ya are your insurance is void as the limit is only 15mm over standard i pretty sure?

i havent heard of anyone running at 2000 up at 100ks even with 33s.dunno problly does void it

ive never had stock tyres so i dont know what it runs at stock,let me know what you run at 100ks

I'm rolling on 265/75/16's (31.5") and I pull about 2500-2600 rpm at 100km. From memory, stock wheels pull up around the 3k rpm mark. But it's been a long time since I've had stock sized wheels on my rig, so I've no idea really.

And for a 2.5t lump of steel, mines got a few ponies under the hood when I put the foot down.

The challenges is (to me at least) taking something and mouldin git into what I want it to be, it's taken a lot of time (and money) to get my truck upto this point, and all I have left is an intercooler and to wind the boost up. (maybe even look at an aftermarket turbo down the track)

As for your problems mate... I'd be looking at your turbo (being a Chinese job, that's quite likely. Also look at you EGR and intake manifold. I'd almost be willing to put money on the fact your intake is all kinds of choked up.

Also, getting some reconned injectors might be a good idea as well. And as has been said before, of you were looking for power, then buying a non-crd powered truck, is the furtherest from it your could've got.

I'm rolling on 265/75/16's (31.5") and I pull about 2500-2600 rpm at 100km. From memory, stock wheels pull up around the 3k rpm mark. But it's been a long time since I've had stock sized wheels on my rig, so I've no idea really.

And for a 2.5t lump of steel, mines got a few ponies under the hood when I put the foot down.

The challenges is (to me at least) taking something and mouldin git into what I want it to be, it's taken a lot of time (and money) to get my truck upto this point, and all I have left is an intercooler and to wind the boost up. (maybe even look at an aftermarket turbo down the track)

As for your problems mate... I'd be looking at your turbo (being a Chinese job, that's quite likely. Also look at you EGR and intake manifold. I'd almost be willing to put money on the fact your intake is all kinds of choked up.

Also, getting some reconned injectors might be a good idea as well. And as has been said before, of you were looking for power, then buying a non-crd powered truck, is the furtherest from it your could've got.

Hi joshman
thx for the input so a truck running 32"s would have way lower rev's, which means the diesel would be lugging and from everything I've heard and read diesels hate to lug as it builds e'm up with sludge?

I think you might be right with manifold building crap, cause when i changed glow plugs the sludge was near a 1/8th of an inch thick!, i did clean what i could and it did make a noticeable difference, so i think i will pull the whole inlet manifold off and give it a good clean.

EGR and swirl mod has been done.

thx for you input josh appreciate it!

Hi joshman
thx for the input so a truck running 32"s would have way lower rev's, which means the diesel would be lugging and from everything I've heard and read diesels hate to lug as it builds e'm up with sludge?

I think you might be right with manifold building crap, cause when i changed glow plugs the sludge was near a 1/8th of an inch thick!, i did clean what i could and it did make a noticeable difference, so i think i will pull the whole inlet manifold off and give it a good clean.

EGR and swirl mod has been done.

thx for you input josh appreciate it!

mine running at 2600 is quet responsive,isnt lagging or strugling at all.
hopefully your issue is as easy as cleaning the manifold.bet you it is something easy to fix though,always the way with these things

No worries mate. I've looked at doing the full intake manifold clean myself as well as a port and polish while I've got the manifold off, but it's a fairly large job and I don't have anywhere to do it right now, but it's on my list.

Having your front hubs locked will slow your truck up a bit as well. Also give the boost sensor lines a clean as well as the airflow sensor in the airbox. Also, if you still have the pre-cleaner airbox in, get rid of it, huge waste of space and hindering air intake flow.

i havent heard of anyone running at 2000 up at 100ks even with 33s.dunno problly does void it

The D40s run a different final drive ratio and pull 95km/h at 2,000rpm.

I agree with Joshman, most particularly on the air sensor and the intake manifold gunk (but mostly the sensor). On our D40s, we have a MAFS (similar to yours) which causes all sorts of havoc when it's dirty.

Back