How tight

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastas dog

Reaction score
Heard a bit of a loose rattle a couple of days after installing new springs and found this. How tight or how far down does this nut need to be.
I just tightened it down until the the stud started to spin also then did the same the other side but that one wasn't loose.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 139
Its looks like u may have a worn out the rubber Bush causing the excess movement I would check that first but to adjust these use about a 8 mm spanner to to the top while you tightening the nut with about a14 mm spanner ( depending on nut size) do it up firm but not to firm, you dont want squash the rubber bush completely as a guide I do mine about 1/3 to 1/2 the size of the rubber bush

Last edited:
Worked out what went wrong the mechanic forgot to put the washer on the under side of the bush. Dick head!
Thought something was wrong because I'd also lost droop on that side

ffs ! name and shame "I say" !

Nah I'm not going to do that he's actually pretty good and not a rip off. I've been using him for little while and it's one little mistake and he's going to fix it and even offered to replace the bushes while he's at it.
When I said dick head I meant it in kinda joking way

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back