how to get more flex

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't notice any difference to handling with it removed. Its the first thing ive done on all my 4wds.

Storm since you have had your ute for a bit can you do a little wrote up? Before Vs after and how to, etc would be appreciated just good to compare that's all. Hows ur green beast going Joshy when's it going to be finished??

Last edited:
Storm since you have had your slim for a bit can you do a little wrote up? Before Vs after and how to etc would be appreciated just good to compare that's all. How ur green beast going Joshy when it going to be finished??

Bit of progress over the weekend... Hopefully have some pics worth putting up next week.

Awesome always a good read mate iv been keeping an eye on this for a year or so, the transformation it's been through is fantastic.

I remember when it was brand new. Mine is going on 7 years old and only now feel it's old enough to start going crazy with. You have come a long way mate.

Yeah been a long process, sorta ironic I'm now putting ifs back in but ah well. Lots of things I would have done differently but that's half the experience.

Nah Geoff I havent mate! Last weekend was the first time I've gone on the highway for a good drive since the 33s and now I'm thinking I'll go the other way and put on a steering damper instead because it moves around a lot more the I thought it would not to the point where it's unsafe or anything, just scary as all hell when I let the wife drive part of the way

Hey Storm how have you found the 33's offroad...? Ive had the 2+2 lift and 32's for 2yr's now and have thought about going to 33's for a while but don't want to start breaking heaps of stuff and loose reliability as I'm going to be living in the Cape for 3-4 yr's

Hey Storm how have you found the 33's offroad...? Ive had the 2+2 lift and 32's for 2yr's now and have thought about going to 33's for a while but don't want to start breaking heaps of stuff and loose reliability as I'm going to be living in the Cape for 3-4 yr's

To be honest mate I haven't really been driving it much at all maybe only 1000ks since I've got them. I had a bit of a play for about 20 minutes when I got them to see how much they rub and I'm happy as shit with them so far wish I could be more help. I love the looks it gets now, and I get heaps of comments when pulled up so even just with that I'm happy with to tell u the truth I haven't really taking it off road at all since even fitting any of the lift or tyres will be at Xmas but can't wait as it went great before fitting any of the new gear

To be honest mate I haven't really been driving it much at all maybe only 1000ks since I've got them. I had a bit of a play for about 20 minutes when I got them to see how much they rub and I'm happy as shit with them so far wish I could be more help. I love the looks it gets now, and I get heaps of comments when pulled up so even just with that I'm happy with to tell u the truth I haven't really taking it off road at all since even fitting any of the lift or tyres will be at Xmas but can't wait as it went great before fitting any of the new gear

Just hope you get the looks from the right people Storm and not those DOT wankers.

Just hope you get the look from the right people Storm and not those DOT wankers.

Yer me to mate body lift is mod plated so i suppose the 33s and Ucas are all they could have ago about what exactly are they onto you for ? Like someone said before I didn't think something that clean would be pulled up

Yer me to mate body lift is mod plated so i suppose the 33s and Ucas are all they could have ago about what exactly are they onto you for ? Like someone said before I didn't think something that clean would be pulled up

Mate it is just the way it looks, they have never seen arctic flares before so it freaks them out and they think it's SOO unsafe for qld roads

Nah Geoff I havent mate! Last weekend was the first time I've gone on the highway for a good drive since the 33s and now I'm thinking I'll go the other way and put on a steering damper instead because it moves around a lot more the I thought it would not to the point where it's unsafe or anything, just scary as all hell when I let the wife drive part of the way

Thanks for the reply storm,

Spoke with Zordo John yesterday.

Funny thing is I was thinking about doing a steering damper myself.

But John has advised against it.
He doesn't see the benefit in it,he stated they are more efficient on live axle 4B's.

The reason I was thinking about it was i've installed a LOKKA in the front.and I thought it would help overcome the pulling in pushing from the LOKKA working.

Because what I've found so far is it does like to grab on the steering a lot more now.

Just keep us updated if you do the dampener mate.

⚠️Cheers Geoff Go the V-6's⚠️

Hi there storm,

Any updates on what you decided to go down the path of??in regards to the steering dampener.
Or removing the sway-bar??

Just chasing a bit of information before I decide on which way to go.

Working on it mate just waiting to see the outcome of these new drag links threw proformace suspension as to wheather I order one threw them or snake but my suspension guy thinks the tuff dog adjustable damper will work well with my lift and tyres your mates with big Gus what's he think of that drag link so far

Working on it mate just waiting to see the outcome of these new drag links threw proformace suspension as to wheather I order one threw them or snake but my suspension guy thinks the tuff dog adjustable damper will work well with my lift and tyres your mates with big Gus what's he think of that drag link so far

Mate,

First of all thank you for the reply.

He is the same as me,we are both still running standard drag links.NO problems at all,I get my car wheel aligned every 5 to 6000.and the tire guys say it is still fine.has got a little bit of play but very minimal. But we both have replaced our Idler arm adjusters(with heavy duty ones)and our steering arms.whether this is taken stress of the drag link I'm not sure.but I have dealt with my tire guys for more then 15 years.and I don't believe they would lead me astray.

But anyway mate can you keep us updated Which Road you travel.

I am curious either way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back