how to get my d22 zd30 sounding lumpier

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie.lyons

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 2.5 inch exhaust snorkel and I can barely hear it,I noticed a muffler that sits under the tub,can I cut it of just after the cab get rid of the muffler?

exhaust + snorkel?

a 2.5" exhaust from turbo back should thump a smidge louder than stock. I bought a 2.75" straight thru no exhaust and it sounds OK to me. Best noise is between 1500-2000 RPM.... higher revs and you'll likely hear more enginer noise then exhaust tone.

Is ur exhaust from cat back?

I am pretty sure laws in QLD are for exhaust pipes to extend past the cab (where the passengers sit) as they don't want gases released under where the people may breath in a heap of fumes. If ur cutting the pipes under the tray, then it could be OK.

Yeah sorry it was standard than i got the exhaust and snorkel instalked,thinking i woud get a better sound but no luck,yeah me mate said grind of the exhaust just after the cab,which in turn gets rid of the muffler and would get better performance and sound,just not sure about that and legality.cheers mate

You got a nice rig mate,want to get mine there slowly,lifted big tyres etc i put 2 inch shackles in the back,but cant get front to match,bump stop is about inch of upper control arm,woukd you know how far i can wind torsion bars up? Cheers mate sorry about all the questions

questions are fine mate - ask away

winding up bars - I leave about 10mm on mine. If you're tying to level the ute out front and rear, you're going to have to wind up, check bump stops and then get out and look at the ute profile. Unless you change the Upper Control Arms (UCAs), you're going to be limited on how much height you can get out of them.

Back to exhaust - taking muffler off will make it louder. Perhaps see if the place you got your from will supply a straight pipe. That way it still finishes where it did from factory (at the end of the ute). That said, I've seen a few that are cut half way along the tray. Up to you

Yeah thought so with the control arms,might have to do it I think just doesn't have the clearance,as for the exhaust I'm gonna have to get the muffler taken out I think see how that goes and sounds.cheers mate

I just got a piece of exh pipe that fit over the exsisting exhaust pipe.
pulled out angle grinder, cut off the muffler, slid the pipe over the exhaust on both sides....weld'd her up.

was easy enough, if you happy to do a bit of cuting and welding. I did this to the stock exhaust, so it was pretty small pipe. I get a small turbo note on and just above idle - anything more and you can head engine noises over the exhaust.

when i change my turbo in the coming months ill be doing a full three inch system.

Yeah sounds like a good way for sure,yeah I'm thinking ill just grind it of and put a cut of piece around it and weld it up,get rid of the muffler,cheers mate

I've had a 3" taipan exhaust on my truck. Then I took off the last two pores, chopped them up and (with the help of a mate) welded the remaining bits into a 3" straight through that finishes just after the cab.

There's a faint turbo whistle at idle.

Hey guys I have a 2.5 inch exhaust snorkel and I can barely hear it,I noticed a muffler that sits under the tub,can I cut it of just after the cab get rid of the muffler?

go see the blokes at Noosa Exhausts, that is if you live in the Corrupt State. They dropped in a good dump pipe that was ceramic coated and a 3" straight through pipe $810.00 fitted. Missus doesn't like it but I do! he he...

Back