how to paint alloy bars

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys - time for some equipment me thinks. Dual bat is half bought and air compressor v soon after. But the bull bar is def on the list.

Close to home this one.
I have a home based business in metal polishing - predominantly bike related and aluminium.

Anodising - cheaper than you think. Because the extruded material used in forming these bars is a pure aluminium it will respond well to anodising - alloys are a gamble. Unfortunately in this area you are limited to mostly architectural colors as that is the bread and butter of anodisers here in Australia. Anodising is far and above the best way to go to colour aluminium. Grab your yellow pages and speak to a few local plating / anodizing shops. I would be surprised to see quotes over $150. if you do then I'll get mine out of the shed and get it done and posted to you for less than that!
DONT POWDER COAT THEM it wont last. Powder coating is the expensive poor mans option when it comes to aluminium- sorry Matt.
I was thunking of painting my alloy front bar black, but I know full well how it will look in 12 months.... but black anodized bull bar, yes please....

Back