Ideas on indash sat nav head unit?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fitzy333

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
Im only new to this forum. I have signed up because I own a 2011 STX Nissan Navara and have found the information on this forum a great help when trying to solve problems with my ute.

My latest problem is trying to find a decent head unit that will look good in the Navara.

I want to be able to hook it up to the steering wheel controls, add a reverse camera and i need it to have bluetooth so i can make phone calls legally while driving.

If anyone has any photos of the unit they have installed i would love to see them so i can get some ideas on what it will look like.

I have noticed the surround of the stereo is slightly curved so was looking to see if there is a unit out there that matches that curve and looks like it was designed to go into a navara.
I know its picky but I take pride in my ute and want it to be spot on.

Thanks
Brett

Thanks for the reply.
Is it possible to get a photo of it? Does it work with the steering wheel controls?

Im dont no how to put photos on here but ill have a go later . Yes you can use steering wheel controls , mine is set up to use them but make sure you tell who ever is installing it that you want them . One other thing with mine is that they ordered 2 steering wheel control harneses , one didnt work they ended up having to use a programable one . Mine is a 2010 ST d40

Check this out mate.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=251098651452

Plenty of reviews around here. Search for Dig options.

i have the dig options unit, went off the feedback here and other forums (prado point, etc.). it's good bang for buck features wise but it's clunky and unintuitive. the software needs refinement not very user friendly.

pros:
- gps (both street and offroad)
- cd, dvd, mp3 cd, mp3 usb, ipod
- reverse camera
- radio (signal is a little weak once leaving the city)
- bluetooth phone pairing
- packed with features
- multi tasking features (i.e. gps and radio at the same time)

cons:
- to play mp3s from each source is a different screen with different menu display, gets confusing when driving.
- the touch screen is very clunky with mis-pressing occuring often (distracting whilst driving)
- the unit looses memory to the ipod everytime you turn off your car. so everytime you start your engine you start playing the first track all over again (VERY ANNOYING).

in hindsight i would have preferred to pay a bit more to get a more refined system. while it's packed with features they aren't accessed easily/quickly enough to be comfortable for daily use. i imagine i will get used to it over time but it's frustrating when you want to do something as simple as scroll your playlist and can't do so without going through 2-3 other menus. or wanting to continue off where your last song was prior to turning off the car.

i'd go check out a decent brand at one of the automotive retailers and see how user friendly they are. remember you want to be able to do these tasks with a quick glance and a minimal series of button inputs.

cheers and beers

i have the dig options unit, went off the feedback here and other forums (prado point, etc.). it's good bang for buck features wise but it's clunky and unintuitive. the software needs refinement not very user friendly.

pros:
- gps (both street and offroad)
- cd, dvd, mp3 cd, mp3 usb, ipod
- reverse camera
- radio (signal is a little weak once leaving the city)
- bluetooth phone pairing
- packed with features
- multi tasking features (i.e. gps and radio at the same time)

cons:
- to play mp3s from each source is a different screen with different menu display, gets confusing when driving.
- the touch screen is very clunky with mis-pressing occuring often (distracting whilst driving)
- the unit looses memory to the ipod everytime you turn off your car. so everytime you start your engine you start playing the first track all over again (VERY ANNOYING).

in hindsight i would have preferred to pay a bit more to get a more refined system. while it's packed with features they aren't accessed easily/quickly enough to be comfortable for daily use. i imagine i will get used to it over time but it's frustrating when you want to do something as simple as scroll your playlist and can't do so without going through 2-3 other menus. or wanting to continue off where your last song was prior to turning off the car.

i'd go check out a decent brand at one of the automotive retailers and see how user friendly they are. remember you want to be able to do these tasks with a quick glance and a minimal series of button inputs.

cheers and beers

Thanks for taking the time to write that up, you answered all the questions I was looking for.

I dont think I will go with digs options unit, i would prefer to spend the extra money and have a high quality and easy to use unit.

Does any know if its possible to buy the Stx 550 radio and surround? And will it fit straight into an STX. I would much prefer to go with all genuine parts otherwise looking at a panasonic or allpine unit.

Latest posts

Back