Idler Arm Brace bending

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodge

Reaction score
Just installed the snake racing idler arm brace. The bottom nut is bending the bracket slightly as you can see in the photo. Does anybody else have the same issue ? Is this a concern ?

cant remember how much play is in the top 3 bolt holes,if you did them up first (did you?) and they do have a little play it would of put the brace off just that little bit so when you did up the bottom one it bent the brace to force itself into position,so what you want to do is do up the bottom one then the top 3 however to late coz its already bent.hope that makes sence to you.the only problem i had with mine is that i had to drill the bottom hole half a mm bigger so the idler arm bolt would fit through.i dont think that the small bend you have will affect it but thats just my opinion.

Thanks craig. If I undo the bottom nut, the brace sort of straightens out a bit. I did it with a mate, and he had the superior engineering version of it, and installed both the same way, and his one turned out fine.

no worries,when i get my ute back tommorow ill have a look at mine and let you no what i find,see if mines bent a little.it could be something as little as a very slight difference in your idler arm to the one that snake measured to build it.that nut is only meant to be tightened to 54-96 NM which isnt all that much.

Back