Importing wheels from US? Tax?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.Robbo

Reaction score
Looking at importing a wheel + tyre combo from the US. It comes to about $1650 + shipping.

Does anyone know what taxes and import duties I would pay on this?

i dont know anything about this but the missus does national sec and terrisom at uni and 1 of her subjects is customs,if you like i can ask her to find out if theres any hidden fees that might pop up on arrival.
what tyres you getting?

yeah craig would ya mind asking your missus?

Im getting xd rims with nitto trail grapplers 33".

its $1650 all up. Maybe the seller could put a price per wheel of $415 or would that not work?

Not sure how I could order in 2 deliveries because it will be coming on the same pallette?

Import tax will be 5% plus anything over $1000 will be 10% GST on top of that. So 15% on top of whatever price you get for the wheels and tyre combo, plus your shipping. You should be able to find shipping for around $500, and its better to have them all sent at once and be done with it. If you have it sent as 2 items, you will pay shipping twice. Not to mention that customs are very aware of people trying to do this, and you can be charged for it anyways. On top of all those costs will be customs brokerage and clearance fees, which i think are around $200. All in all, if its something you want to do, its definately worth saving a few hundred if you do buy them from the states.

just had a look for $1650 its almost $500 import tax and duties, what a ****ing farce that is.

No its not -
$1650 + 15% = $1897.50 = $247.50 GST and import duty
$1897.50 + $460 shipping (last quote i got)
= $2357.50 + around $150 customs clearance
= $2500 ball park figure.

yeah I wasnt including shipping just import duties and clearance. I know shipping will be another 500

$2500 is bugger all compared to what it will cost you to get it here. What sized wheels? 18s or 20s?

Latest posts

Back