Info on Top mount intercooler fan d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4nav

Reaction score
I'm sure a few of u have done this. Im considering it if it's a useful mod for my ute ( 08 D22 st/r-cr 2.5 TD )

I'm interested to know if you got any kW gains and whether it's Low end or top end . Just trying to do a few cheap mods to give the d22 a boost down low eg: snorkel, EGr mod, this fan , then exhaust .

Few questions for anyone who's done it :

How'd you mount fan eg to bonnet or brackets off engine bay or other ?
what size fan 7"/9" ?
wether it's on all the time or if you did it via switch you can turn on manually or when it gets to a certain temp under bonnet it comes on automatically ?
How easy Is it to do DIY ?
How much did it cost ?

Any info would be great !!

Cheers fellas

Last edited:
This can be done, it works best if mounted under the intercooler to suck the air rather than push it. You will need a body lift and some spacers to make it work, the down side is the vibrations generally shake the fan apart over time. Weather it will aid your performance is debatable.

A body lift as in a whole ute body lift or the intercooler body to be lifted ? And no proven performance wow this one might not be as good as I thought then ?! .... Do you know anything about water spray and how it works can be done etc ?

The only thing in your list of mods that assist with low down torque would be the egr mod .... and having done mine I can't tell .... but it is worth doing anyway.

You need more CID or a induction system that builds boost earlier.

A body lift as in a whole ute body lift or the intercooler body to be lifted ? And no proven performance wow this one might not be as good as I thought then ?! .... Do you know anything about water spray and how it works can be done etc ?

Water to air is a much more efficient setup and works well, but a lot of plumbing associated with it. As per the top mount fan lifting the body allows fitment underneath as the I/c now has a gap between the scoop seal hence the spacers to lift it. You could fit a small one on top but that will obstruct the normal airflow. A 2.75 Beaudesert exhaust will help immensely with bottom end lag ect and will promote faster and earlier spool up.

Exhaust is probably the best mod to improve low down power, i'd do that first.

Back