Inter cooler piping oil

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tysond22

Reaction score
Hi all. I've recently body lifted my truck. In doing so I raised my inter cooler to keep the with the bonnet scoop. I obviously had to replace the two rubber intercooler pipes with longer ones. I've only done 3000km approximately since the lift but I've noticed an oil residue build up around the extended hoses which was not there before. There was however oil residue in the intercooler when I removed it. The trucks done 70000km all up. I blocked my egr 12000km ago. I was curious if anyone else had noticed this after completing egr block?

Hi mate, EGR doesn't cause this, it is coming from the breather hose out of the cam cover.if you have a look the breather runs to the outlet of the turbo so when you are on boost any oil coming out of the breather just gets blasted straight into the intercooler then just clogs everything up. Fit a catch can to this breather line and it will stop the buildup and the amount of smoke it will blow under acceleration. I have both EGR and a Pro Vent catch can on mine and have no more oil going into the cooler and no smoke.
Hope this helps.

Cheers

Cheers mate. I thought a catch can was going to be the solution but very quickly running out room in the engine bay haha.

Yeah I know what you mean. If you zoom in on the photo you should be able to see mine.

image-235841265.jpg

Welcome to the forum, Tyson.

Yes, the catch can is the answer. There's no actual solution - even a catch can will let a little oil through, but it will catch a lot.

If you're seeing oil at the joins, then you've got a boost leak at those points. Undertightening the hose clamps will obviously cause this, and overtightening the clamps can cause the rubber to pinch. Give the joins a really good clean, take the car for a short drive and see where the oil starts to come out. That should give you an idea of where and what the problem is.

Latest posts

Back