Interior screw types

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tezza

Reaction score
Hi all,

I noticed today the steering column shroud as unclipped at the top and will not clip back on, so Im wanting to take it off to have a look to see if there are broken ones.

Does anyone know what type of screws they are? Its not a phillips or torx type, but some other foreign one!

Thanks

they are the security type with the nib in the middle of the star

SecurityScrewTorxPinHeadButtonSTS156x156.gif

Honestly cant remember the size but its not large and I had a jewelers screwdriver set of this type so just went till I found one that fits
Sorry lent the damm screwdrivers to a guy at work so cant even help out there atm

What a pain. I can see a set of these being a bit.
I'll be replacing them with normal screws once I get them off.

Dick smith sell security driver kits in a blue case for about 20 bucks. I'm a Leco and the kit is worth it's wait in gold. No real need to replace them.

In the mean time, if you need to unscrew or screw these up, you can fit a small flat tip in there so it sorta locks in with the lugs and against the centre bit. I've done this with my roof rack screws as well as my missus' mag wheel centre caps.

Dick smith sell security driver kits in a blue case for about 20 bucks. I'm a Leco and the kit is worth it's wait in gold. No real need to replace them.

I have one of those cheap kits, worth the money as they come handy around the home as well

Back