Intermittent P0409 Error Code

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianf

Reaction score
Hi All.

Hope I can get some advise on this little problem. Vehicle is a 2007 2.5 ST-X Navara with approx. 160k on the clock. I have recently been getting a intermittent error code P0409. The error code is related to the EGR system. My EGR is block and has been block for some time with no issues. I can remove the error code with my Scan Guage and the error is not causing any issues.

Any idea what the problem might be? Please note the error code is intermittent and only at start up.

Thanks!

Ian

Thanks Happy John. Cleaned the MAF but have not done a full ECU reset. Will try today.....on a separate note, I can not seem to get the multi go pedal reset done. Maybe because my DC-DC charger is on and the system do not like the extra current draw.

Thanks Happy John. Cleaned the MAF but have not done a full ECU reset. Will try today.....on a separate note, I can not seem to get the multi go pedal reset done. Maybe because my DC-DC charger is on and the system do not like the extra current draw.
What's a multi go pedal reset Ian?.

I think there's two possibilities here:

1) Try this one first. Electrical connections are pains in the a$$. If the connector to the valve has some debris (often caused by pressure-washing the engine bay). I'd unplug it and reinsert it several times. With the engine switched off, it won't matter.

2) Failing EGR valve. Even in the older cars, the EGR valve had to respond to ECU commands. Blocking the EGR simply stops the flow, but the valve is still obeying the commands from the ECU. If the valve has failed, or become blocked up and stuck (through previous soot gathering and the oil condensation from the PCV) then it would trigger this. It would be worth inspecting it at the very least (inspection cameras have LOTS of uses, this is another one) and an attempt at cleaning it if it's dirty is worth trying - if it doesn't work then it has to come off to be replace.

Latest posts

Back