Is it wrong to give kids toy guns?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guns for kids,,,good bad or whatever?

• Yes

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Get a grip

Votes: 25 51.0%

• Total voters
Curiosity. At least the kid asked and didn't chuck his sister on to find out. Tell him to research crematoriums.

Your mate that was so disturbed he had to seek solace in some rum probably needs professional help. The kid is fine, he's just trying to learn!

what idiot would think its wrong?!?! i had them, now have real ones which i use responsibly, probably the greens behind this shit

same guys who make laws for motorcyclist,

a buercratic desk driver who has only experience in the field is the statistics and paper in front of him, god help him if he ever actually holds a gun (or rides a bike - sorry for me the world revolves around motorcycles)

At the end of the day it all seems to come down to one main thing
RESPECT and it appears the current lack there of
We cant touch our kids but hey we screwed up we got thumped. We learned you always respected your elders.
These days not a chance

The other night the daughter came home with 3 others I had never met before
I heard one ask who I was as he had seen me before. She told him he might have seen me at the Nats.She said thats Stretch from the nats.
The guys then started to say shit your old mans a mongrel he does blah blah blah. Yeah ok it was all BS but the kids then respected me just because of what they had heard.
The daughter told them straight I hadnt done any of that crap but they better beahave just the same.
Respect no matter what it is or how its earned its all Respect and loosing respect just leads to crap

At the end of the day it all seems to come down to one main thing
RESPECT and it appears the current lack there of
We cant touch our kids but hey we screwed up we got thumped. We learned you always respected your elders.
These days not a chance

The other night the daughter came home with 3 others I had never met before
I heard one ask who I was as he had seen me before. She told him he might have seen me at the Nats.She said thats Stretch from the nats.
The guys then started to say shit your old mans a mongrel he does blah blah blah. Yeah ok it was all BS but the kids then respected me just because of what they had heard.
The daughter told them straight I hadnt done any of that crap but they better beahave just the same.
Respect no matter what it is or how its earned its all Respect and loosing respect just leads to crap

that and accepting acountability and resposibility,
it never ceases to amaze me how much people think that its someone elses fault. or that there owed it just for breathing, like a job and driving license (not poinjted at the job thread, just alot of people ive come in contact with)

hell im 20 and im absolutly discusted by my generation... but thats what you get when your kids are raised by school (including their peers) and tv.
and its only going to get worse with the current trend of late familys. if you have a kid at 40, your 58 when their 18.... or worse, 50 at ten. .it happend with my old man. luckily he was raised by his older brothers (oldest was 20 years older) as when he was a teenager his perants were jus too old and didnt have the energy needed to keep up and benefit him. besides its basic genetics, how many 40yr olds are awake at all hours of the night, then think about 20yr olds..... which ones going to handle a child better. just cause with medicine its possible, doesnt mean you should do it.

oh, and ive been shooting since high school.
and always played with toy guns

Last edited:
i cant see where the problem is, as long as you teach them to respect the firearms
i have everything from a 22rim fire through to competition shot guns
i enjoy the sport and i hope my kids take it on otherwise i will have a garage sale :)

Latest posts

Back