Island neighbour

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chriso

Reaction score
Hi guys just found your forum while i was poking around for some ideas on what to do with my 06 STR, it's pretty standard so far, only spotties, UHF and ATR's but i figure why stop there when there are so many more thnings to have a crack at. Any guys down here in Tassie? I've been keeping my eye's out for some good tracks to cut my Navara teeth on. It's good to find a spot where a few navara's get together, al-be-it virtually :cheers!:

Welcome to the forums.

The tassie tracks question got asked a while ago but I'm not sure there is enough members from tassie to get much response, I certainly don't remember many responses.

My cuz is moving to tassie in a few weeks but he wont be much help to you, not in the 4WD tracks area anyway. Ants_oz moved to tassie a few months ago but according to the site he's been banned and hasn't been heard of since and otherwise I can't even remember any tassie members names, I know there is a few though.

I did wonder if fez was from tassie and further wondered if maybe there was a connection between his arrival and ants departure and subsequent ban, but I always gave ants more credit than to be that stupid, I also never looked to see where fez was from.

Ha
I had a feroza "Fez" before i came down here, but i had to sell it casue it was too modified to get registered down here, not a bad move though cause now i have a navara, bit more room.

I did wonder if fez was from tassie and further wondered if maybe there was a connection between his arrival and ants departure and subsequent ban, but I always gave ants more credit than to be that stupid, I also never looked to see where fez was from.

think I asked Dave or Jason the very same question, but I cant remember the answer.

I've never asked, never really cared enough to ask figuring anyone banned is admin's choice and nothing to do with me but I definitely did wonder.

They might not let heavily modified Fez's into Tassie but Krankin's mate fez got let in there and we aren't half happy a guy like that might have the opportunity to get lost in the scrub and never found.

I think Fez had psychiatric problems, he just snapped one day and attacked Krankin, myself and I think Krafty. Some shit about being web wheelers. I have never said I am a hardcore 4wder.

I dont mind a run here and there but my Nav is a work vehicle for me.

Ants asked to be banned, cause he didn't want to be associated with illegal mods like HID. :rolleyes: Dylan banned him.

Oh and welcome mate.

There was another guy here named Ravo, he knew some good tracks. He is also on 4wdmonthly to.

Dave.

I think Fez had psychiatric problems, he just snapped one day and attacked Krankin, myself and I think Krafty. Some shit about being web wheelers. I have never said I am a hardcore 4wder.

I got attacked for similar web wheeling reasons but from memory I didn't get lumbered into the "knob of the year" award like you two did, which I can tell you was a little disappointing because I was trying as hard as you guys.

I actually introduced myself as not being a 4wd'er, since then the farm has changed that a little (because the Prado and Hilux are around less these days) but I'm still happy being a web wheeler because I didn't buy my ute for bush bashing, I brought it mainly to transport a load.

Ants asked to be banned, cause he didn't want to be associated with illegal mods like HID. :rolleyes: Dylan banned him.

That's an interesting theory, apart from the fact that his posts are still on the forum therefore there is an association I thought the easiest way to handle that would be to just not comment on the topic when it comes up and therefore not making any further associations. Even I have limitations on some topics on this forum (other forums are fair game) which see me ignore them because it's pointless trying to tell people wrong from right, or ok from better. Self control is the key, then again maybe it's like an AA meeting, they tell you to eliminate the source of the problem before you can get cured....he's probably sitting in a public library reading this as a guest getting his quick fix.

BTW I mean no disrespect saying the above, I think antz was a wealth of info (and quite vocal too) and had things been different I might have asked him to clarify some of the topics he'd raised, I just think it's just a weird way to go about not using a forum.

.he's probably sitting in a public library reading this as a guest getting his quick fix.

(and quite vocal too) about using a forum.

i think he pushed too many buttons the wrong way,
especially one of the mods.

Button pushing is what's it's all about, no pointing worrying about what people think, push their button and see how they react :big_smile:

Yeah Krafty I agree with you, Ants was cluey.

He was a ex-copper I think, sure he might not have agreed with somethings but its not like someone was doing a shit job modifying the chassis and it been dangerous.

I wouldn't reccomend anyone put HID in a D21 or D22 series 1.

The D40 and D22 series 2 lights can do them easy without blinding everyone on the road.

Dave.

It's one of those legal issues, I understand not wanting to put your name to it but I don't understand not stopping yourself from putting your name on it. Atleast he was usually right with his information, there is certain other forums where they quote laws that have never existed in this country and still get riled up when people wont adhere to them. I like passion but trying to convince people you know what your doing by using a law from Germany to base your theories on is definitely an art.

Latest posts

Back