Issues with brand new D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wixxer

Reaction score
Got two issues with the new truck, and Nissan dealer seems not to be able to fix them, so I'd like to know if it's normal/common, and I'm being silly, or are they trying to get out of their duty.

First issue, and the most annoying is the driver's door. It needs quite a slamming to shut properly. Originally the door seal was twisted so they replaced it but the problem remains. Service manager tells me that it's because it's on the air intake side of the truck, so the seal has to be bigger, tighter (for that reason). Sounds plain silly to me. He tried adjusting the door, with little improvement.
It's really annoying that I have to pull the door like a maniac to close it the first time.
All other doors work really smooth and nice, so I'm not happy with the one door which obviously gets the most usage (and punishment).

The other issue is the passenger side electric window. It goes up about 30% slower than the other windows. Again, I'm given some silly explanation like "it's because driver's side has the automatic pull up, so the motor is stronger"
I think it's bs.

Any suggestions what I can do about the whole thing? I don't feel like fixing anything myself atm, truck has 1,000k's on it, so I think they have to rectify the problems. How do I do it? I never had to deal with dealerships, as this is my first brand new car ever. Btw, I'm in Perth, WA, and I'm dealing with Total Nissan Cannington.

Appreciate any advice.
Thanks
Manuel

I've noticed my passenger side window is much slower, not really end of the world though when it still works fine

Ditto for the passenger window on my d22. Doesn't worry me.
Not sure about the drivers door as mine seems ok except when i don't move my arse in enough when closing it.

I've got a D40 and the windows are the opposite, the drivers window goes up slower because my kid is always racing me and her window wins. Can't put a percentage on it but it also doesn't bother me.

Newer seals are also a lot better than years gone by and some cars when completely shut will require you to slam to door and depending on the locality of the exhaust vent the dealer's comment may not be complete BS although may well be misdirected.

First thing I'd do is open a window and shut the door and see if it's the same, if it's not and the door shuts easily you have your answer. If it still performs the same then you need to look at door rubbers, hinges and striker plates. I know previously there has been issues with D22's and striker plates but I don't remember how wide spread it was.

My windows do the same but meh, my two front doors do they same aswell, pain in the ass, I can see than when the door is opened slowly it actually drops down a bit so its not hitting latch thingy properly which makes it harder to close, tried adjusting it but no change, pins must be worn or something in the hinges

and there I was thinking mine was the only one whose passenger window is a lot slower than any of the others! Both front doors need a bit of muscle to close if all the windows are up tight, but I leave the drivers side down just a bit (got weather shield) and that makes it a lot easier to close. I just figured the door seal were doing their job well and not letting the air pressure out.

Yeah I agree with the above, my front doors take a lot of effort to close, I guess the d22 cabins are very airtight so that's why it takes so much effort. I guess the window thing is normal, I can't say I've noticed it in mine, but I haven't really looked either. I would have thought the front window motors are the same, just running the opposite direction, I can't see them making 2 different motors... but in saying that it is Nissan so anything is possible...

ok, I agree that window thing is not the end of the world, but the door? And it's just one of 4 that is playing silly, I can't see the reason why only one door. If it'd be both front ones, hmmm, ok, seals are tight, I'd understand, if it'd be all four, yes, for sure, but only one?? I guess I'll have to play a potential customer at another dealership, and going to slam a few doors, just to get the feeling... :(
And yes, when the window is opened it gets a bit easier, but still lot more effort needed than the passenger side, or the rear doors.
Now that you guys mention the rubber seals, maybe the one on the passenger side is stuffed and that's why that door closes easily? Maybe I should drive through water soon and see if it seals properly? Does insurance cover that sort of water damage?

The back doors on mine are easy but unless you have another door or window open both front doors are hard to close. I used to drive an 09 single cab and that was the same too. But if yours is really hard there may be something wrong....

Noticed this the other day when I went and looked at a brand new one cause they were $27888, my 06 STR they close nicely, the new one took IMO anyway far to much effort to close all the doors, probably just lower build quality cause its from thailand...

Noticed this the other day when I went and looked at a brand new one cause they were $27888, my 06 STR they close nicely, the new one took IMO anyway far to much effort to close all the doors, probably just lower build quality cause its from thailand...

Fair point, but do I have to put up with it?
...sigh..., I hate it, it's brand new. I never ever have had a car with this annoying issue.

Back