Jaycar Head Units - (CD players)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopper

Reaction score
I am seeking real world info and experiences with Jaycar Head Units as an upgrade to factory unit.
I am thinking of getting a single DIN unit and then having room for a pocket style fitting to later house a CB Radio unit.

There are two to choose from, one has Bluetooth (handy for mobile phone calls) but not essential, other has DAB (Digital Radio ability) but no Bluetooth.

Your thoughts and experience/s please?

I can't comment on jay car units but if you go to your local jb Hifi that stocks car audio they quite often have 30% off. I just replaced my nissan unit with a single din kenwood unit with blue tooth. The Bluetooth works so much better than the standard nissan because most run external mics. People can actually here you. I paid just over $200 and it looks quite flashy haha.

-tyler

Hey Grasshopper,
I have ordered in a few of these head units through work from Electus ( supplier to Jaycar ) and they are ok but i personally wouldnt put them in my car.
If you have a look at my previous post of what i fitted last weekend you will see how i did the single din and the UHF below. Supercheap have some great specials on at the moment with all their head units almost half price. I got a great pioneer for $109 save $149 and the model up had the bluetoooth. They also sell the spacer suited to the Nissan which the screw holes line up with the standard mounting brackets for the double din one in the Navara. I also found that the Pioneer units have the same colour coded wires that the Nav use which made is super easy to install. Or you can just buy the plug n play fitting for $19.00 but there wasnt a whole lot of room for the extra length to fit.
Let me know if you want any more into on the instal.

Latest posts

Back