Jet A1 fuel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr13b

Reaction score
Hey guys, im curious to see who has or is running a jet A1 fuel mix in there desiel vehicles. What are your thoughts on it??? Cheers.

I don't think Jet A-1 lubricates as well as diesel. It should work, but you'd wear your injectors and pump out faster. At $4000+ for a pump and $1600 for a set of injectors, that's not a game I'd be wanting to play.

as above. A1 is basically diesel without the additives in it. some people add bio or used engine oil to make up for it.
its an expensive IP to go playing with home brew fuel mixes.

Yeh its diesel with minimum oil so ive been told to run a 60-40 mix which wont harm anything. I sure aint complainin on saving 300 bucks in fuel lol.

that may have been fine with the old sulphur diesel and old injection pumps, but low sulphur fuel you can't water it down with kero/a1 without risking wear.

Jet A1 is as it says jet fuel.It,s kerosene for the un initiated. There is no lubricating properties as diesel has.Would be good in the cold conditions as in the snow as it,s still fluid at -52 c.

I'm really surprised it even runs at high proportions. I have seen kero used as a viscosity reducing mix in black diesel cook books but only at 10 percent ratios.
Back when I was a kid we had a tractor that ran TVO (Tractor Vaporising Oil) that was really kero but tax free to farmers. It was a spark ignition engine that ran at arount 4:1 compression ratio and had just enough torque to pull the skin off a rice pudding.
Apart from anything else where would one buy A1 fuel ? How much for ? When I bought a 44 of kero for my parts washer it cost an absolute fortune.

I think if you can aford one of the new generation diesel you have to factor in the cost of proper fuel. And I suspect forget about getting massive milages between engine rebuilds that diesels used to be famous for. These modern motors are very light weight construction and probably give no more life than a modern petrol engine.

Latest posts

Back