Just Arrived

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOx

Reaction score
G'day everyone!

Have Just tipped over 10,000 ks on my new D40 Rx and so far I'm extremely happy with it. No issues at all with it except the ones that i have caused:no:

Only Just signed up and have already learnt heaps from those who have posted comments, Keep it up!

Cheers Andrew

Welcome to the forum.

Does your RX pull really hard from about 2,000rpm, with very little under it? The STX does, and kills clutches as a result. Was wondering if the RX had the same setup.

Gday Tony,

What do you mean by pulls really hard? do you mean you have lots of power at 2000rpm or not so much power? and want do know if the RX is the same?

I believe the RX has the exact same engine/ mechanics and power as the STX. The stx is simply a better version with more gadgets as you would probably know!

At 2000rpm mine absolutely flies with no weight in the back. infact if it is a little wet the change from 1st to 2nd is scary as the turbo kicks in and it can easily spin out but i believe thats normal in the Navaras with standard tires and no weight in the back end.

Last edited:
What Old Tony is referring to, is the atrocious amount of turbo lag, resulting in no power below 1800rpm, only way to prevent stalling is to slip the clutch.
This is what is killing the clutches,flywheels and frustrating a lot of D40 owners.

Hi TheOx
i believe it is also in the way you drive, coming around the corner with speed will result in you losing the back end!

What Old Tony is referring to, is the atrocious amount of turbo lag, resulting in no power below 1800rpm, only way to prevent stalling is to slip the clutch.
This is what is killing the clutches,flywheels and frustrating a lot of D40 owners.

Thanks kingcab:big_smile:

Yes i have noticed the lag, but it is only seems to be an issue when im towing or have a load in the tray. maybe a dp chip or similar might help?

Yep, at 5am my brain is not quite working properly and didn't engage its "explain yourself clearly " function.

The lag issue is indeed what I'm interested in, and my question is answered, thanks!

Latest posts

Back