Just painted my stock d22 rims mat black

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pattyp88

Reaction score
photo.php
cost of 20 bucks and looks 1000 times better! i recomend it to all :jackoff:

Last edited:
Yes definitely want pics and exactly how you got it done as I'm back to stock rims now and wouldn't mind seeing how the painted ones look.

Edit: Just found this thread. Looks like powder coating is the way to go for a proper finish otherwise it chips very quickly.

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=8333

Last edited:
yeah bloke down the road from me did his looks awsome. might do mine but will use plastidip to paint them i think. google it or there are you tube vids if you havent heard of plasti dip

Hey as a spray painter all you need to do is sand the rims back with like 400 wet and dry and either use a Matt or gloss paint if you can do it in 2 pack it will be a stronger paints so bush marks like sticks wont damage the paint and if you are using gloss it will stay shiner for longer also if there is any brush marks in it that won't come out from washing just as long as it hasn't gone though the paint it should just polish out by hand

i painted mine last week
quick scuff up with 600 w&d
a good etch primer (spraycan $19)
then several coats with wattle rust guard enamel , $18 a can and i used 2,1/2 cans
dont really care if it scratches off as ime fitting black sunnies when these tyres are replaced

IMAG0530_zpse4be5824.jpg

i cant fault the bfg all terrains so far
great grip on road
and pretty bloody good off road for an a/t

Mate did you paint the tyre too? Lol ill give you some pointers for next time or anyone wanting to paint rims.. A pack or two of playing cards you shove them between the tyre and rim all the way around then spray! Easy as that..

Latest posts

Back