just wanting to know.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes570

Reaction score
just wanting to know how often people change the fluids in there cars?
I have had my d22 car since 2007. its a 2003 model.

1 Brake fluid = never
2 clutch fluid = never
3 coolent = never
4 diffs (front/back)= never
5 transfer case= never
6 engine oil = 5000km. filter 10,000km
7 and what ever else I have left out.

Last edited:
Brake and clutch fluid i dont change by km i change by time as clutch fluid doesnt wear out, but it does attract moisture and its the moisture that will cause the probs with fade ect so every yr but you could do every 2yr

coolant = 40,000km

diffs = 40,000 or after allot of off road use or water crossings.

transfer = same as above

engine = i do mine every 10,000km

Fuel filter every 20,000km but drain every 10,000km

Air filter, blow it out at 10,000 and change at 20,000km or after allot of dusty roads ect

Yep, I agree with Nathan

Only problem with mine, it's still under warranty and Nissan still does the servicing . . . makes me wonder sometimes if they do do what they say they do thou

I do my rear diff every 10 000. Its only 1.3L and the diff does got very hot. Touch it next time you go for a drive I think you will be surprised.
Other fluids the same as Nathan

thanks for the advice everyone. I may need to do them then. any suggestions on oil for diffs, transfer case. what brand coolent.

As long as it fits the specs that are listed in your book it will be OK.
everyone has there own preference on what brand, Personally I use castrol as a good friend has been working with heavy machinery as a plant mechanic for the last 40yrs and always uses castrol products and says its as good as anything else, so when i do my own stuff on my old Hilux and even my D22 i just go with what i know, castrol.

oil and filter every 5k using fully synthetic oil is just a waste of good oil, mine stays golden for at least 10k (when you rub it on your fingers theres no black residue)

mind you it lives an extremely easy life, hardly ever use it as a 4x4 and never tow anything.

Latest posts

Back