K&N Filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

308bever

Reaction score
K&N filters, fitted one to my sportster a couple of years ago and find that it seems to breath better @ WOT as well as being able to hear it breath too, my question is, will it help my 2.5 d22 gain some low down go? or are they mainly for high rpm?

a mate fitted a K& N air filter element to his patrol and said the engine felt smoother when running but really no difference in any power. a good quality air cleaner is a must.

K&N filters, fitted one to my sportster a couple of years ago and find that it seems to breath better @ WOT as well as being able to hear it breath too, my question is, will it help my 2.5 d22 gain some low down go? or are they mainly for high rpm?

a mate fitted a K& N air filter element to his patrol and said the engine felt smoother when running but really no difference in any power. a good quality air cleaner is a must.

Do not put K&N oiled air filters on engines that are Di and onwards due to the oil from the filter getting on the MAF sensor and sending false readings to the computer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think the problem with k&n filter is they let more very fine dust through than a paper filter.
typically an air filter is not the cause of restriction. most of the time its the air filter box thats the culprit.

Tweak is on the money, K&N belong on a street car, in the scrub they are terrible at leaking fine dust compared to a paper unit. Talking to Diesel Tuner a few years back, his dyno runs produced the same horsepower for the K&N as the paper job.

Id only ever suggest running a k and n on road. Never offroad.
But that's just common sense!

Latest posts

Back