Knocking steering box

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frenchie56

Reaction score
Hi,

My 2013 str started doing some knocking noise when steering left and right (see video). I'm pretty sure it's coming from the steering box as I can feel the knock when putting my hand on it. It feels like gears jumping teeth or some piece rotation and kicking back into position.
Has anyone had that problem before? Is the steering box done for and need replacement?
Cheers.

Attachments

• VID20231121181251.mp4
    37.1 MB
I suppose it could be a problem with the pinion gear. It would need to be disassembled to be certain though. How does the fluid look?
Turn out the cross member had been knocked out of position making the chassis creak when turning. Putting things back in their place and a bit a grease did the trick

Turn out the cross member had been knocked out of position making the chassis creak when turning. Putting things back in their place and a bit a grease did the trick
I get a similar knock on occasion which i've never really looked into.. where was it out of position?

Latest posts

Back