Landcruiser 80 series airbox into d22.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Already got a 2.75 exhaust and dump. It's still quiet but I don't mind. Just an observation

Right then.... Had the air box in for a week. Done trip to Brisbane to bundy twice and I reckon I got about 10% better fuel econ and better power up the gears on both trips. Two 500km runs now and back to 10L/100km which was previously around 11L for my ute. Quite a few long hills and testing some mid hill acceleration where previously I would have to change down gears to boot it up the hill. Actually getting some more kick a little like you'd expect from a chip ( not that I have a chip to compare to but it seems similar to others explanations anyways)

Not really better initial acceleration, but mid range seems fuller. Has seemingly been a worth while mod so far.

Anyone else getting similar results, please post up.

Lj

Ok advice please.
I have a safari snorkel. Should I

A) cut the snorkel pipe where I'm pointing to in pic. As its easy access?

B) get inside quarter panel and undo intake pipe and connect 45 degree piping from that snorkel inlet to new Airbox?

Option b is rather fidely.
But advice please. Ta

Attachments

• image-4113855991.jpg
    image-4113855991.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 149
I would go option B as when I had the land cruiser airbox installed the intake sat inside the guard. Might have a bit of a problem with space if you take option a

Ok guys, heres a question. I've nearly got everything I need to put my air box in. However I have to tap these 2 air metering/bypass hoses into the silicone elbow. (This is for a V6 remember) Would a plastic or brass hose tail with nut be the best thing to use for this? I'm thinking drill thru the blue hose, push the hose tail thru, do up the nut from inside the hose and apply some sealant etc. Still trying to find where I can buy these 2 little things from as well, grrrrrr.

The little things always slow me down, :blasign:

Attachments

• DSCF9405.JPG
    DSCF9405.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 167
However I have to tap these 2 air metering/bypass hoses into the silicone elbow. (This is for a V6 remember) Would a plastic or brass hose tail with nut be the best thing to use for this? I'm thinking drill thru the blue hose, push the hose tail thru, do up the nut from inside the hose and apply some sealant etc. Still trying to find where I can buy these 2 little things from as well, grrrrrr.

Yeah those hoses are a tough one. I was going to do something painful like what you're describing on a friend's car, but in the end I just positioned the airbox (GQ RD28) differently to keep the rubber intake hose.

Any of the nav boys with the yd25 d22 tries the 80series conversion yet? Or am I gonna have to be the guinea pig? I reckon it will bd a dam easy fit. Maybe as easy as the zd30. Any hints? I've read the whole thread and people are using different boxes. So I want a diesel lid and petrol bottom? Or can I get away with diesel top and bottom?

Where you might run into trouble Rusty is where the airbox inlet (80mm OD from memory) joins the snorkel elbow protruding from the guard. This part on the YD25 snorkel is square/retangular shaped right? You would need a custom joiner/adaptor in that case.

If i remove that stupid second parallel battery up front and have one cranking battery and keep the second as a spare I will have the same room the zd30 have. All the fuel filter etc is already out of the way. Just tap in my air flow meter and it will be right

Well, after scratching around for the last few months, the Toyota airbox is finally in and running well. All went in fairly neatly, not much room in the V6 engine bay. One of the photos shows the under guard factory "airbox inlet". Now, from memory the factory box draws its air from behind the headlight, and I had already removed those restrictive tubes.

This "airbox inlet" stopped the toyota box from sliding into the hole in the guard properley so it had to come out.What I found is it cannot be an inlet, as there is no hole in the rotten thing apart from where the factory box connects to it, there is nowhere to draw air from!. (there is a 6mm hole in it, but that would do jack). But all is good, I can cross that one off the list now.

Attachments

• DSCF9693.JPG
    DSCF9693.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCF9694.jpg
    DSCF9694.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCF9707.jpg
    DSCF9707.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 671
  • DSCF9708.jpg
    DSCF9708.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 1,439
  • DSCF9709.jpg
    DSCF9709.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 506
Horay all done! haha it looks good Ray, I am guessing that setup might change a little once you find some different hoses.
How does it feel to drive now? The fuel economy is going to be the most interesting to see.

I'm not touching it again Brodie, apart from changing the filter from time to time, its taken long enough to get this far. As long as those hoses last, its staying put, lol.

Went for test drive, seat of the pants it seems to rev slightly freer, but it really needs the exhaust side of things done. Hopefully not too far away!.

Back