Landcruiser 80 series airbox into d22.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to find a gasket/ seal what ever you want to call it for the lid of the air box. Can anyone tell me where I can get one from. The air box is sucking air from the lid so I need to change the gasket. Toyota wants $53 for one.

If it is the seal around the bolt I used a tap washer. If if is around the lip just pull the old crap off and run a small neat bead of silicon around it.

It's around the out side of the lid. Can I use sikaflex? (The multi purpose One) not sure what number it is.

just picked up a diesel 80 series box, $35.
be interesting to get it fitted up.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 311
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 329
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 409
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 327
I can't remember how on here said that after they did the 80 series air box there revs are lower. Well so dose mine at 100km it revs about 2700-2900. happy with that. At 110km it revs at 3000-3200. But I don't know why.

I can't remember how on here said that after they did the 80 series air box there revs are lower. Well so dose mine at 100km it revs about 2700-2900. happy with that. At 110km it revs at 3000-3200. But I don't know why.

Lay off the drugzzzzzz man haha :p

wes i dont believe ya ;)

on a manual vehicle the gearbox turns at a fixed ratio to the engine revs for each gear.
so no matter what you do to the engine the revs at any given speed will be the same as long as your in the same gear and the clutch isn't slipping.
the engine may produce the HP and torque easier but revs wont change.

i was just out in the shed having a look at the 80's airbox.

there seems to be a few spots where they could leak.

at the seam on the intake the join wasn't perfect so i sealed that up with sikaflex.
also where the intake part of the airbox meets the main part of the box looked a bit dodgy in a small section of the join so sikaflexed that along with the 2 vacuum hose pieces.

also on the bottom of the water trap there's a little metal plate i think it had a number on it which is kind of riveted onto it, i found that leaked when i poured a bit of metho into it when cleaning it, so i sealed that up aswell.

and i have my doubts about the seal around the lid and the water trap.
the seals still look ok, but i don't have much faith in the fibrous material they're made out of. haven't yet made my mind up if ill rip them off and try and run a nice bead of sika around to create a new seal or just leave them as they are as i don't plan on driving water that deep.

i know a few guys have said they found the 80s airbox not air tight, have you looked into these issues, what have you found? have you found a solution?

fitted up yesterday, will post pics later.

pretty happy with it, not sure if it feels any better to drive, maybe a bit but i could just be imagining it.
its got to be better than the factory setup with the pre cleaner though.

my rpm @ 100kph haven't changed at all.

got it pretty well sealed up with sikaflex, although its still not 100% air tight (95% id say). you'd have to be going through some pretty deep water and stop long enough for water to pretty much completely fill the engine bay before i could imagine enough water being sucked into the airbox though.

the factory setup has many small leaks, couple in the precleaner, and the airbox doesnt completely seal up either.

few pics...

Attachments

• P1000081.JPG
    P1000081.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 251
  • P1000082.JPG
    P1000082.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 232
  • P1000083.jpg
    P1000083.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 280
  • P1000084.jpg
    P1000084.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 258
  • P1000085.jpg
    P1000085.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 268
Did you have any problem with the little filter on the bottom of the air box? Can take a closer pic plz because mine sit near the wire.

hey wes, ill get ya a pic asap.

sits just above, that little metal bracket that holds those wires which i bent towards the alternator which just allowed enough clearance.

its a pretty tight fit.

sits just above the breather tube and almost touches the aircon hose.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back