Landcruiser 80 series airbox into d22.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shocked: WOOOOOOOOOOT - i thought i woudnt see they day, JOKES. that is a neat install mate good stuff. as you stated you need to get the other things to clear it up totally. exhaust and snorkel and it be much nicer. i cant believe that stupid box thing they had in there lol.

Good work..

Rusty

What I found is it cannot be an inlet, as there is no hole in the rotten thing apart from where the factory box connects to it, there is nowhere to draw air from!. (there is a 6mm hole in it, but that would do jack).

It's a resonator

Anyone installed an 80 series air box with a Cross Country Top Mount intercooler? if so do you have any pics?

Howdy. my first post i think....I am looking at a 98 3.2 n/a Nav....Will this 80 series Intake help on the N/A motor?

I read through the whole 20 odd pages but couldn't really find much on it

Thanks in advance

I've got one on mine but I've never had the stock box so I can't compare. She goes alright I guess.

It does make a noticeable difference. Had one on mine before I stuck a turbo on.

Welcome as well mate. Keep the QD32 serviced and she won't let you down.

it has been asked earlier this thread, but got no answer, im intrested in doing this mod so i can free up the space for a 2nd battery. but at the same time im adding in a front mount intercooler, has anyone done the 80 series airbox mod who has also done a front mount intercooler? just trying to sus out whether or not there is still enough room to squeeze the intercooler piping around the corner of the radiator on the passanger side with the air box there?

pre filter removal

hey guys i thought you all might like a alternative air intake option . i used the original box and rolled and tig welded a stainless steel 2 and a half inch spigot through from inside and put a hole in it for flow meter then straight to the snorkle with silicone pipe 2,5 to 3 inch tjm snorkle . crappy pre filter is gone and better performance

how did you guys go with fitting the 80's airbox with a nissan snorkel?

when i fitted my snorkel i used sikaflex on all the joins to seal it up.
might be a bit of a bastard to disassemble.

does the whole snorkel need to be taken appart to fit the silicon joiner between the airbox and snorkel?

it would be good to get rid of the pre cleaner.

I have dual batteries and the second battery sits right where the 80's series airbox is in the photos. What are my options?

I've put in the 80 series air box and then got all paranoid when everyone said that a minute amount of water can screw the engine. so i did the bag over the snorkel test and found out the the airbox is sucking air between the lid and box. so i pulled that apart and put a new seal in but the thing is still sucking. how did everyone seal their box cause im not really keen to do anything water wise until i get that fixed.

Will this work on a 2.5 D22?

Ok, Like this gent above I'd like to know who has done this with a d22 2.5l CR

1. Which Tojo Airbox do I need
  2. What mods need to be made

I've had a close look and I can see no reason why it wont fit. I've read the entire thread and can't see anyone who has done it with a 2.5l CR. Did I miss something?:confused2::dontknow:

I to would like to know this. i guess no one has done it because half the 2.5 would be under warranty still

Hi all, I have obtained an airbox... Its 310mm dia and looks like it will be a tight fit. Is this figure the same as what everyone else has been using? Cheers.

hey guys i thought you all might like a alternative air intake option . i used the original box and rolled and tig welded a stainless steel 2 and a half inch spigot through from inside and put a hole in it for flow meter then straight to the snorkle with silicone pipe 2,5 to 3 inch tjm snorkle . crappy pre filter is gone and better performance

have you got any pics there?
not sure the 80's airbox will fit with my top mount intercooler.
would be good to remove the precleaner, probably the most restrictive part.

I have finally done to 80 serise air box. I bought it from a fellow member on here. It's a 1Hz. Im having trouble with the senser. I don't know where it should go, on the lid or on the box it self or on the pipe that you conect it to the snorkel? So where has everyone put there's?

Latest posts

Back