Landcruiser 80 series airbox into d22.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey ya go wes

by the way the aircon hose does actually lightly touch the airbox.

Attachments

• P1000090.JPG
    P1000090.JPG
    198.6 KB · Views: 218
  • P1000091.JPG
    P1000091.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 224
  • P1000089.JPG
    P1000089.JPG
    202 KB · Views: 230
  • P1000092.JPG
    P1000092.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 199
Ok I filed up finally after doing to mod. The light came on at 650km and I did 80km after the light so altogether I did 730km. I'm happy with that. I use to get 650km altogether. I'm getting about 80-100km more just by doing the mod.

hey wes the economy sounds good. id consider any improvement a bonus so if i get any improvement ill be happy.

i wouldn't run the tank so low though, i've always been told that running low on fuel can suck the silt and crap from the bottom of your tank into your fuel filters and pump.

better off filling it up, set trip meter to 0 and then next time you fill up you can work out L/100k or km/L by your trip meter and the litres it takes to fill up.

Is removing the pre cleaner section with the bypass pipe just as good as fitting an 80 series air box?

Jarryd

Edit: I should rephrase that. Is it nearly as good?

Is removing the pre cleaner section with the bypass pipe just as good as fitting an 80 series air box?

Jarryd

Edit: I should rephrase that. Is it nearly as good?

hard to say mate, would have to run some kind of air flow tests and dyno tests to be exact.

you could try to guestimate by comparing egt's but there wouldnt be much difference.

i cant imagine there would be huge differences. more like a % or 2.

hard to say mate, would have to run some kind of air flow tests and dyno tests to be exact.

you could try to guestimate by comparing egt's but there wouldnt be much difference.

i cant imagine there would be huge differences. more like a % or 2.

Sweet mate cheers for that, I'm trying to do more mechanical mods then cheating and chucking a chip on her haha ;) if all fails then I'll slap a chip in...

Jarryd

Have a read of this as a cheap way of getting some more power.

http://autospeed.com/cms/title_The-5-Cent-Modification/A_112726/article.html

Basically trickes the intake air temp sensor into thinking its cooler so i gives you more fuel.

Gunna give it a go soon -c ompensate for the Darwin heat.

Had this one my other toy (1995 EF xr6) it was a similar chip for like $30 worked with noticeable gains except it formed this pink pigment shit in the head and had to get it fully re acid dipped... Just be careful with that mate!

Jarryd

And also gutted the pre cleaner and got a small gain.. It feels a little bit more responsive and there's a bit more turbo spool unless I've tricked myself into thinking it's actually worked...

Jarryd

Gents,

looking at getting this box from a wrecker, they seem difficult to track down in Adelaide :S Anyway can anyone confirm this box will work? As its on the opposite side of the motor im not sure if the water trap will get in the way. motor is a 1HZ.

Cheers
Vh

image008_zpse7d79ca5.png

Is the water trap at the bottom furtherest from the camera? (as in, engine side and nearer the firewall?)

If so, it should work a dream.

Ive asked him to send me a better picture to clarify that. At the moment I have no idea. The dude wants 88 bucks for it which seems a bit steep, that plus postage could be pretty pricey though.

by the way i have the bottom half (not lid & no water trap bottom) of an airbox that will fit, free to any good/bad home. can put up a pic if anyone's interested.

So after getting quoted 160 and 210 for a petrol air box locally I decided that 80 plus postage from interstate seemed fair. Here's hoping its an easy fit up.

Alright Guys, Ive had my airbox sitting to the side for a while while I buggered around with some other stuff. Im going to have a crack this weekend. From my playing around There appears to be some sort of pipework in the wheel arch where the original cyclonic separator sucked air from. What is the best way to get at this? I presume if I end up getting a snorkel fitted I will have to pull it out anyway.

As for the air box none of the original brackets appear to work so Ive bought a couple of Galv brackets from bunnings to weld on, whats the best way of attaching them to the chassis? Tech screws or something a bit more robust?

you should be able to bolt up the air box by bending the brackets and bolting to some captive nuts that are already there. i also cut up the prefilter and used one of the mounts off it to bolt to the airbox mounts.

it might pay to fit the snorkel first so you get the airbox fitted in the right spot to connect directly upto the snorkel.

Latest posts

Back