Landcruiser 80 series airbox into d22.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a 3" silicone bend to fit on mine. I did have to heat it up in some hot water first to make it fit but it did fit on.

I got a 3" silicone bend to fit on mine. I did have to heat it up in some hot water first to make it fit but it did fit on.

ahhk yeah i suspected i'd need to use some hot water.. do you mean a 3 inch coupling? not bend?

Bryce did his own connection to the snorkel if I remember right. Was two 3" 90 Degree bends and a bit of 3" pipe to connect them.

Bryce did his own connection to the snorkel if I remember right. Was two 3" 90 Degree bends and a bit of 3" pipe to connect them.

we're talking a standard nissan snorkel and an 80 series 80 box? surely just a straight coupling would be the go? just like in the pictures shown by KEVVYP on page 7 of this thread.

ahhk yeah i suspected i'd need to use some hot water.. do you mean a 3 inch coupling? not bend?

im pretty sure it was just 2 x 90deg silicone bends from supercheap or wherever. it came up pretty dam nice fit and is way better then the standard plastic thing that comes with the snorkel kit. im trying to work out how i can utilise the nissan airbox and get a 3" pipe down the gaurd to fit into the box. the piece in the gaurd is so dam tiny and restrictive.

Yeah standard Nissan Snorkel. For the YD25 I think it was. Instead of the Nissan plastic connector from the snorkel to the airbox.

yep thats right.

Because i got the yd25 snorkel the piece that runs inside the guard is different to the ZD30 one. so i threw it away and used 3" stuff inside the guard as well. 2xsilicone elbows and a 30deg 3" steel bend between them.
the thing i like most about it is that it is alot quieter than other zd30 navs i have been in with a snorkel. some intake noise is ok but i think they are just too loud (not mine)

I've got hold of both a diesel non turbo airbox and a petrol one.. how are you guys getting around the problem of the center threaded rod being different lengths on each box? because in a ll the pictures iv seen no-ones had to use excess washer or anythings to space it up

Just threaded it down to tighten box then cut off excess. didnt take more than 5 minutes

Just completed my Airbox setup. Parts i used were:
1x Bottom half petrol 80 series airbox $50
1x Top half Diesel 80 series airbox $50
2x 70-90mm hose clamps $8
2x 40-60mm hose clamps $8
1x 76mm silicone hose coupling $14
1x 51mm silicone hose coupling $10
1x 50mm stainless tube 50mm long $0
1x Unifilter $90
assortment of nuts and bolts $10

My Navara has no body lift, and without the peice of stainless and silicone hose where it connects to the turbo (Blue) the standard hose is under to much stress to reach the new airbox (i mounted the airbox level)

It has made a slight difference on take off. I also have Tunit chip, 3 inch mandrel bent stainless turbo back exhaust, EGR mod, turbo timer, catch can. Will be interesting to see if theres an improvement in fuel economy, at the moment im only getting on average 600 to a tank (2006 D22 STR ZD30 96kms) on goodyear muddies that is.

IMG_0985.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0984.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0983.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0982.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Nice work, but how clean is your engine bay!

haha yeah i recently gave it a good cleanout, plus i havnt had the same urge to go out in the mud after destroying an aircon compressor pulley with water and mud and have to buy a whole new compresser ($1300) later

I avoid mud/slop like the plague. Creek crossings etc, love em, but I don't see the point in driving through mud holes etc, "just cause they are there". I just think of all that muddy crap getting into places it shouldn't and doing damage, as you have found out.

But others do like playing in the mud, which is fine, I just try to stay clean:sarcastic:

The 1fz petrol box has the rectangle shaped inlet pipe doesn't it? So I need a diesel lid then?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

The 1fz petrol box has the rectangle shaped inlet pipe doesn't it? So I need a diesel lid then?

yepp you need a Non-turbo diesel lid. because the turbo diesel lid has the pipe heading down toward the turbo

Cheers. Any idea what engine model the non turbo is? Eg. That petrol is 1FZ. The non turbo diesel is....?
Cheers

I paid $60 for a petrol box and had to modify it. I was quoted $120 for a diesel one. So $95 is good.

Speaking of, I am not using mine anymore as it will not fit in my turbo build if anyone wants it. $60 with filter. Pick up unless you want to sort postage lol.

Latest posts

Back