Landcruiser Mountain Park Trip - 10th & 11th April 2010

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be staying well clear of the pig pen!

We went through it a few times in my brothers old hilux years ago, was good fun.

Well, if any of you more experienced guys are going to be taking on some of the scarier stuff I've just seen, fear not!. I will have my trusty camera/recorder there to capture it all, lol :big_smile:

Hoo Roo

I don't think we are more experienced mate, just a bit sillier maybe haha

Thats great mate, will be good to get some footage.

I'll be taking my video camera and SLR still camera as well, we should get some good pics & footage.

Righto, Looks like we might have a good group going.

1. Jason and son - D22
2. Matt and family or part thereof - D40
3. Raywise and family - D22
4. Ant ?
5. Josh?
6. Hally?
7. Jacko?

Last I was there there was plenty of room for camping, toilets and showers (they are hot but cannot always guarantee there is hot water left) at the camping areas. Take your own drinking water and all food.

More details on prices etc are on the LCMP website :
findus

It says $40 per 4wd for 24hr stay, I'm not sure how that works if we arrive saturday morning and leave say sunday lunchtime. I'm not sure how strict they are on that.

Any idea on what sort of time we will get there Jason? Or what time the office opens?

Jason and I both live on the northside (not together you dirty minded bastards :big_smile:) so will be heading up the highway and out to Kilcoy on the D'agliar highway. LCMP is about 60kms from kilcoy and a fair whack of that road is dirt. It's a smooth road though, not a 4wd track.

Have I missed anything or stuffed anything up?

Last edited:
From my experiences there they will probably charge us $25 for the following day or part thereof as well. I think the office opens at about 7.00am. From memory it was about 2 1/2 hours to get there from our area? Maybe leave at 6.30am to get there around 9.00am if that suits?

I reckon we look at camping in "The Gums" area, you will see it clearly on the map they give you when you check-in. If anyone arrives late or at a different time just look for all the Navs!

They just had a segment on cruiser park on 'Great South East'. They didn't show any tracks, more just the facilities.

Sounds good so far. I'm just confirming this weekend if my brother and his partner are coming. (But he drives a FORD and doesn't count, :big_smile:)

We are going to stay on till Monday as well, the girls are on school hols, plus I'm owed a couple of days from just working the weekend in Sydney.

Woo Hoo

Hopefully it isnt too muddy out there at the moment, all the traffic out there over easter will be sure to churn up the tracks if it is. Oh well, all the more fun I guess.

So we have 2 D22's and I am the only schoolbus? Come on you D40 guys, come out and have some fun!

Sorry guys, I'm going up this Sunday. Back Monday. Can't make it the following weekend :(
Will let you know what conditions are like though.

Raywise do you want to meet us out there or along the way somewhere?

We will be fueling up at Kilcoy at the servo near the Yowie park i think, and heading out from there. Leaving here at 6.30 should get us out to kilcoy at around 7.30-8am.

Mmmm, Kilcoy itself is around 2 hours from Brisbane I think?. We are 30 mins south of Brisbane and will probably be traveling via Esk to Kilcoy. I was planning to stop in Kilcoy to fuel up, leaving my place around 7.00am.

We will probably get there after you guys have been through, but we can check on times etc. I'll pm my mobile before then and we can see how it pans out. :victory:

Yahooooooooooooo

Actually, after checking the routes just to Kilcoy from our place via the Gateway-Caboolture, and via Esk, the Gateway wins.

Distance: 138.5km Time: 1hr 44min, straight up the Gateway/Caboolture

Distance: 163.8km Time: 1hr 55min, Via Esk/Brisbane Valley.

Think I'd rather save 30k's and 10 mins myself, :big_smile: Need to save all the fuel I can in that slurping damn V6 :(

Went there yesterday (sunday) and it was dry dry dry, there is a little mud about but even the pig pen is reasonably dry, it has it's normal big water puddles but the doughnut pit is dry, the access roads are very rough and corogated (?spelling) I diddn't get much time to go wheeling but I did the loop from the yards upto saltshed rd and back down rocky road and up through the main track (diaper rd) to the pig pen up hawkins road and back down tarago trail. Would have loved to do more but was there to spend time with the family and we diddn't have enough seats for the bums for everyone to go.

Latest posts

Back