Landcruiser Mountain Park Trip - 10th & 11th April 2010

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 more sleeps........do I sound excited? lol

I have started making a list of stuff to take otherwise I am sure i will forget something, it was pillows that got left out last time, that was fun...

Anyone else coming?

10 cans of bundy red & coke means I generally don't worry if I forget anything :p

I'm taking my chainsaw so we'll chop up enough wood to get you through the second night as well Ray.

Awwww, Thanks Jason. I've got around 2 ton of wood chopped in the back yard for the fireplace each winter, never any room to take any with us when we go camping!

Trying to leave really early Saturday to get to Kilcoy and hopefully meet up.

Hoo Roo

Went up last Sunday, home Monday. No real problem finding mud as you can see!! But the main tracks were dry. Creek runs were good fun though, to keep the dust factor down. Did pretty much all the "green" tracks and some of the "red" (extreme) tracks. Both sides of Hilux and telecom hills included.
Night runs were great, the limited view of the surounds made the tracks seem more do-able, especailly when you go back and look where you've been in the daylight of the next day!!
Will try to scan in a map and highlight where we went.

p.s. timed the trip from the gateway bridge via bruce hwy stopping for fuel at Kilcoy and arrived in 2hrs15mins. I'm 20mins south of the Gateway bridge. So it was a 2.5hr trip for me. Came home through Esk and past Somerset, nice drive but much slower.

Attachments

• LCMP1.JPG
    LCMP1.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 67
  • LCMP2.JPG
    LCMP2.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 79
  • LCMP3.JPG
    LCMP3.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 62
Ah great info. I'm at Munruben, so a little bit further south, but the times should not be far off.

Nice mud shots, although I'm a dry track person, :big_smile:.

Hoo Roo

Nice mud shots, although I'm a dry track person, :big_smile:.

Yeah me too, I am happy to play in more solid mud, but sitting in the bottom of one of those puddles with the wheels spinning and water coming in the doors scares me. I have done that in a previous Hilux so once is enough for me.

Thanks for the report and the pics mate.

Hey Jason is there phone reception out there?

Hey Matt, I'm with Optus and have never had reception, I've heard that Telstra will get reception sometimes on the high points of the park.

I tend to lose reception around Kilcoy.

Looks like I wont make this trip guys. Was looking forward to it, but unfortunately something else has come up, more important according to the missus. Hope you have a great time, cant wait to see pics.

Woohoo. Just madly running around tomorrow trying to grab last minute couple of things I SHOULD have already.

Compressor and recovery kit. Still researching the compressors though. Can't afford $300.00 for a name one, but around $160.00 for a Projecta Typhoon or even one of the SCA Outbacks might be the go.

One thing I like to have on hand in the back at all times is a spare set of Rad hoses. But trying to find these for the v6 d22 is nearly impossible. Nah, special order mate etc etc etc. Sheesh.

Anyway, bring on the weekend,

Hoo Roo

Ive got an onboard compressor if you need it Ray, won't help you on monday though I guess...

I bought a beaut marinated boneless lamb roast today, will do nicely in the camp oven for dinner saturday night I reckon! I have most of the day off tommorrow, got to get some food etc and load the car up. Might sneak out with the prawn net tommorrow morning and see if I can't catch us some tasty critters for happy hour ;)

:big_smile:

Tasty critters for happy hour, love it :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

I had my day owed to me off today, and went snorkelling around the wrecks on Moreton Island. That is such a buzz, and of course I decide to swim through some framework of one of the wrecks, slice/peel/blood the backs of my shins on those friggin barnacles. Oh well, time to get out of the water before I attract too many sharks,

Time for bed, completely knackered,

Last edited:
There is a compressor and air hose at the main office so you can pump up before you leave.

Doing my shopping and packing up tonight, then watch the Storm game!

Latest posts

Back