LCA Adjustable bushes or UCA as well ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmemgc

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First time posting and new member. I know this has been discussed in regards to pos camber on Spain D40 but I can not find any where that gives a direct answer.

Just done a make over of my Nav after a trip to Fraser revealed some small issues in my truck. The girls that were with me on the trip nick named my truck Nancy because I was with some serious rigs so make over time when I got back.

Xrox bar (I wouldnt rush out to recommend these bars - they look good and fit fine but the finish is subpar)
Sliders from XRO who is a mate of mine and does awesome bar work.
265/75/17 Toyo Open Country AT tyres - Tyre Power Labrador on the GC did a great job.
Lift kit by SEQld 4wd in Carrara. Lovells and Dobinson gear. Lifted the front 60mm and the back close on 100mm but waiting for it to sag down. Was going to use Zordo but I need my truck and getting to the other side of Bris is a pain.
Iron Man armour from Zordo - only used the first 2 pieces as I dont wheel that hard.
Ebay snorkel yet to go on as I wasn't happy with the finish of it so have plasti dipped it and it looks awesome now.
Sunyee light bar and HID spotties in the post.

My problem is 1" pos camber on the front right. Camber adjust is maxxed out. Have done the research but what I am hoping to find out is for that mild pos camber will the LCA adjust bushing suffice?

I have ordered a set of Super Pro LCA bushe's and will throw them in when they arrive. Does anyone have expierance with this and should I go UCA's aswell ? Would rather take the easiest option lol.

I dont think nor will I go down the route of Adj upper arms as the car is still warrantied and insurance wont like it.

Your help appreciated

Attachments

• WP_20130913_001.jpg
    WP_20130913_001.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 641
lca bushes should bring it back, allow 2 hours per side if you do yourself or if you pay someone it would be a thew hundred dollars.

Hi Aussie tried to send you a pm about another matter but your pm is too full It's a question about Fabtech and do you think there kit's will fit our spanish built navs like the calmini ones. cheers BZ

Big Z
From what I understand the Frontier Chassis etc hasnt changed much from 06 to 12 as the parts always seem to be listed to suit just the one model.
Our trucks however have changed. Where the early model Spanish trucks were very close to the Frontier the later have changed.Thai trucks have always been different .I think its going to come down to what model truck you have .Basically if the Calmini fits that model then in theory so should any kit. But as some have found out the kits sometimes need a massage to fit well.

Hi Guys,

First time posting and new member. I know this has been discussed in regards to pos camber on Spain D40 but I can not find any where that gives a direct answer.

Just done a make over of my Nav after a trip to Fraser revealed some small issues in my truck. The girls that were with me on the trip nick named my truck Nancy because I was with some serious rigs so make over time when I got back.

Xrox bar (I wouldnt rush out to recommend these bars - they look good and fit fine but the finish is subpar)
Sliders from XRO who is a mate of mine and does awesome bar work.
265/75/17 Toyo Open Country AT tyres - Tyre Power Labrador on the GC did a great job.
Lift kit by SEQld 4wd in Carrara. Lovells and Dobinson gear. Lifted the front 60mm and the back close on 100mm but waiting for it to sag down. Was going to use Zordo but I need my truck and getting to the other side of Bris is a pain.
Iron Man armour from Zordo - only used the first 2 pieces as I dont wheel that hard.
Ebay snorkel yet to go on as I wasn't happy with the finish of it so have plasti dipped it and it looks awesome now.
Sunyee light bar and HID spotties in the post.

My problem is 1" pos camber on the front right. Camber adjust is maxxed out. Have done the research but what I am hoping to find out is for that mild pos camber will the LCA adjust bushing suffice?

I have ordered a set of Super Pro LCA bushe's and will throw them in when they arrive. Does anyone have expierance with this and should I go UCA's aswell ? Would rather take the easiest option lol.

I dont think nor will I go down the route of Adj upper arms as the car is still warrantied and insurance wont like it.

Your help appreciated

To bring your camber back to zero you can use "Super Pro" "Caster Bushes" which go in the UCA's I had to put them in my D40 and there was another member on here the other day that i told to get the caster bushes and he reported back that he now has less then half a degree of positive camber , but was going to check weather the installer who had never done a set before had rolled the "cam" all the way around or far enough.
Im pretty sure that once they are installed you should expect to get right in the middle with zero degree camber.

Thanks Nathan. I've got a set of Lca bushes on the way so I might try those first and hope they are enough. If not it back to ebay for a set of UCA bushes.

I have 1 degree positive camber on left and a half a degree positive on right after my lift , 5 months down the track I was hoping with the suspension settling a wheel alignment might be achievable . I just put Cooper ST/ Maxx's on and was told camber is still out by the same degree. Pedders told me adjustable bushes will only achieve half a degree adjustment. Instead I have just bought the Super Pro TRC 540 adjustable UCA's
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360721230269?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
Car goes in Monday to have them fitted !

i paid to have the LCA bushes fitted as i don't have the necessary tools etc to do it efficiently, and i cant afford to have it sitting on jackstands in my carport that long

i used the Nolathane +.5 degree bushes on mine

i planned a day per side for mine, took a local mechanics shop a day and a half to do 2 bushes, (both arms but only the front bushes) and my camber is within factory specs now at +.5 degrees, it came back 3/4 of a degree from 1.25

if your going to do it yourself you will need a shop press, and probably a heat source to heat the arm up to get the old bush out, the shop did a before and after alignment to determine the needed adjustment, and if you put them in the wrong way thats it, game over, kinda a one shot deal, they would be very difficult to get out once fitted without destroying them

Last edited:
Guys thanks again for your response's.
Connaught - a day and a half with the mechanics ?!??!!! holy s#^t me thinks it time for you to find another shop lol
Big Zetor and Nathan that suggested that it's the UCA Bush are to my minnd correct. I was advised by an EBay seller that the lower's were the way to go for 1deg pos camber as it fixed his Navara. So I ordered and guess what the information with the super pro lower says quite clearly .5+ camber max adjust.... Not to happy with this guy.
http://myworld.ebay.com.au/kmal9112/&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2754
Got a set of upper's on order so I will throw both sets at the car when they arrive.
On another problem - I have no down travel. The mechanic decided in his wisdom (even though I said not to) put both the 20mm and 10mm shim in the right side shock to (he said) to level left to right. Zordo had said that was not the way to go and I asked/told them mechanic NO. So now I have no down travel and the car crashes over the top of speed bumps if I hit them slightly fast.
Simple fix is demand they be pulled out I know - but I like the height and dont want to come back down ;)
Any suggestion beside's leveling spacers ??
Overall the ride is not bad - the back end is kicking out a little in the wet because its jacked but it kinda fun having a taily ute again lol
Will reserve my judgement on my mechanic at SEQld 4wd because he is a really nice guy but Im not 100% satisfied at this point.

thanks guys

Hi guy's quick update - got lower bushes as posted earlier turns out super pro have 2 different codes
Part no SPF3024K has .5 deg change
SPF3024XK has a 1 deg change
Stupid thing is the super pro only send the one instruction sheet for both stating that .5deg is the max adjustment. I had gone ahead and ordered the uppers as Big Zetor correctly suggested but being that I ordered and received the 24XK I rang super pro with a customer of mine who is an agent and they have suggested to just go with the lower's first off.
I am now having issues with the down travel and crashing on the upper control arm - so I talked to another customer of mine Performance Suspension here on the GC and they have an extended ball joint to fix the issue. Both side's installed $150 which I think is pretty good. Just found a thread on here about a DIY fab job done - that looks awesome but I dont have the welding gear to do a good enough job so Im going to try the lazy option lol

Performance Suspension are doing the lower bushes, Extended Ball Joint and Alignment installed for $488, which I am happy with. Please note that does not include the bushes as I am supplying my own.

Not that happy with the company that did the lift South East Queensland 4x4. Really nice guy and to be fair alot of the drama is the issue's with the Navara talked about endlessly on here. However he has done a number of things that Zordo suggested not be done and that I told him I did not want done. Also he has mostly washed his hands on fixing it until atleast next month - which will chew my brand new tires out in that time. Biggest issue is he went med leaf's for the rear when I think I needed comfort. I have told him that if they dont bed down a bit he will be replacing them. If the front nd stops crashing with the extended ball joints I think I might stick with the lift - but time will tell.

Again thanks for all your replies. Its great have this resource and knowledge available.

Lower Bushes and extended balljoint's are in and the camber is back to +1 left and +1.5 right. Some say thats tolerable but I am not satisfied. Performance Suspension so far have been brilliant and when there new upper control arms are in I am going to have them fit a set. They have been looking for a Spain D40 to use as a test vehicle and as I am one factory complex over we have struck a deal.

They took me for a drive in a hilux and a d22 that had Bilstien's in them - and holy crap they are nice shocks. Can almost see the justification in the price. I know people don't like them but if I could do it over again.......

Sth Qld 4x4. What can I say I am seriously thinking about taking action against the guy. The kit he installed is NOT what I wanted/expected/were told it was going to be. The medium springs he installed instead of the comfort are a concern. Great under load but maybe 5% of my driving is with heavy loads. Off to Chinchilla tomorrow on a work trip so I will see. Basically SthQld has washed his hands. I think I might try telling him I want it back to standard and have perf susp do it right.

Cant talk highly enough of the extend ball joint NO MORE crashing in the front even with the springs over shimmed !

Latest posts

Back